Looks Like We Are Stuck With Lyles

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve49

Post by steve49 »

4C6B7A7E7B66596D7A7B7B661F0 wrote: I really expect the Vazquez trade rumors to heat up with this news on Taillon now potentially needing Tommy John again and missing next season. I think it definitely needs to be looked at a lot more given this recent news.

Yeah... I agree. I do think we should be "dumping" but I hate to see the nightmare go. I love to watch him pitch and he has such a great attitude. Probably my favorite player. Ya know ...maybe the Pirates think similar and don't trade him as he might be a fan favorite ?
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

797E6F7C6F3E330A0 wrote: I really expect the Vazquez trade rumors to heat up with this news on Taillon now potentially needing Tommy John again and missing next season. I think it definitely needs to be looked at a lot more given this recent news.

Yeah... I agree. I do think we should be "dumping" but I hate to see the nightmare go. I love to watch him pitch and he has such a great attitude. Probably my favorite player. Ya know ...maybe the Pirates think similar and don't trade him as he might be a fan favorite ?

I agree that you have to listen to offers for anyone, but at some point you have to hold on to your young players with multiple years of control. I can be more easily convinced that it's time to move on from Marte or Polanco, than Vasquez. Even if your timeline for contention is two or three years, he's still under team control, and other than maybe Bell, he's the only truly top notch name player we have.
mouse

Post by mouse »

The problem with pitchers, relief and otherwise, is that the don't have an unlimited shelf life. Who can say what Vasquez will be in three years.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

606C6D363F363E33342B31060 wrote: Bucs were hoping to trade Lyles, but after tonight I would doubt if any team would want him. They should just move him to the bullpen for mop up work.

Should have dealt him four starts into the season. You knew he would fall off the cliff at some point.
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

How long ago was Benedict "traded" to the Marlins? It was nice that we got Trevor in that deal, but has our pitching and development just not been as good since he left? Or maybe my view is colored by what's going on at the moment. The staff was pretty great in the 2nd half last year.
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

Or not! Career minor leaguer to lose the contract:

#Brewers acquiring Jordan Lyles from the #Pirates in exchange for Cody Ponce, sources tell The Athletic.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

At least we got a player for him. His last few outings have been horrible.