Brian Reynolds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve49

Brian Reynolds

Post by steve49 »

63515D5D497B58515C595651300 wrote: I still think he was a reasonable risk to sign like that at the time though. 

Yeah , I agree with that. He just flamed out ... happens.
WildwoodDave2

Brian Reynolds

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6335233738223239342311363C30383D7F32510 wrote: I still think he was a reasonable risk to sign like that at the time though. 

In hindsight, you may be right.  The club was betting on him getting better, but he never really improved much and, in fact, regressed in many ways, especially defensively.  I don’t know if that was evident at the time of his getting his current contract, but it didn’t take long thereafter for it to show.
Well he is 10-10 in stolen bases which is hard to believe
2drfischer@gmail.c

Brian Reynolds

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

734D4840534B4B406045524116240 wrote: I still think he was a reasonable risk to sign like that at the time though. 

In hindsight, you may be right.  The club was betting on him getting better, but he never really improved much and, in fact, regressed in many ways, especially defensively.  I don’t know if that was evident at the time of his getting his current contract, but it didn’t take long thereafter for it to show.

Yeah, that’s amazing. Even more amazing is that he hasn’t gotten hurt sliding on any of those attempts. Which brings me to watching him go back on the HR ball hit in yesterday’s game. He looked so awkward, and I thought he was going to get all twisted up in the fence and lose an arm or leg.
Bobster21

Brian Reynolds

Post by Bobster21 »

2C7A6C78776D7D767B6C5E79737F7772307D1E0 wrote: I still think he was a reasonable risk to sign like that at the time though. 

Yeah, that’s amazing.  Even more amazing is that he hasn’t gotten hurt sliding on any of those attempts.  Which brings me to watching him go back on the HR ball hit in yesterday’s game.  He looked so awkward, and I thought he was going to get all twisted up in the fence and lose an arm or leg.

Here's some video of Polanco.

2drfischer@gmail.c

Brian Reynolds

7F525F4E49584F0F0C3D0 wrote: I still think he was a reasonable risk to sign like that at the time though. 

Yeah, that’s amazing.  Even more amazing is that he hasn’t gotten hurt sliding on any of those attempts.  Which brings me to watching him go back on the HR ball hit in yesterday’s game.  He looked so awkward, and I thought he was going to get all twisted up in the fence and lose an arm or leg.

Amazing how those MLB cameras were there to catch all of his, uh, interesting highlights.
Bobster21

Brian Reynolds

Post by Bobster21 »

510711050A10000B061123040E020A0F4D00630 wrote: I still think he was a reasonable risk to sign like that at the time though. 

Amazing how those MLB cameras were there to catch all of his, uh, interesting highlights.

He probably would have been injured less by the lion than by his own inability to slide into 2B.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Brian Reynolds

577A77666170672724150 wrote: I still think he was a reasonable risk to sign like that at the time though. 

He probably would have been injured less by the lion than by his own inability to slide into 2B.

HAHA! No lion would bother to chase him. Polanco would pull up lame within a 100 yards where the lion could then just walk up to him.
fjk090852-7

Brian Reynolds

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I just heard that Scott Boras is the agent for Brian Reynolds. If that is true ,there will be little chance of Reynolds signing an extension with the Pirates. The Pirates may just go year by year with Reynolds during his arbitration years.
rucker59@gmail.com

Brian Reynolds

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

6965643F363F373A3D22380F0 wrote: I just heard that Scott Boras is the agent for Brian Reynolds. If that is true ,there will be little chance of Reynolds signing an extension with the Pirates. The Pirates may just go year by year with Reynolds during his arbitration years.

I don’t know any longer - I don’t want to trade him but it’s almost impossible for him to be more valuable than he is right now. Hearing he’s with Boras….kind of disappointed. 

Maybe demand a significant overpay - considering his value, that could be a franchise changing haul.  Someone will probably do it. 
fjk090852-7

Brian Reynolds

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Reading that Juan Soto rejected a large contract from the Nationals, and he is a client of Scott Boras, leaves me with little hope that the Pirates will eventually sign Brian Reynolds long term. Unless some team is willing to pay the king’s ransom for Reynolds, I would go year to year contract with him.