Official Game Thread - 6/6 - Bucs vs Marlins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7E40454D5E46464D6D485F4C1B290 wrote: Wow, Greg Brown says they hope to see if Kuhl can "go the distance" and by that he means "more than 4 innings."
I know yesterdays game went 12 innings, but with a day off tomorrow, there is no reason to rest Stallings and play Michael( below the Mendoza Line) Perez. Agree or disagree?
Resting catchers the day game after a night game is pretty standard. 
I guess but I feel with a off day tomorrow, Stallings could gut it out. Even dead on his feet, he is better than Perez :D

He is better than Perez. I'm surprised they are trying to get two innings out of Oviedo. Have my fingers crossed he can do it.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Polanco now at .208. Tom (.164) batting for Gonzalez (.215). Too many guys who can't hit. 
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

For the 2nd weekend in a row the Pirates fail to win the Sunday game in order to finish off the sweep. As you mentioned Bobster after guys like Frazier,Hayes,Reynolds,Moran, and maybe Stallings this team lacks players that can hit the ball consistently. Another so so start for Chad Kuhl today as well. He continues to disappoint more then impress. I don’t really see him at this point being a fixture in this rotation moving forward. He just isn’t that good and still doesn’t know how to pitch.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

1D303D2C2B3A2D6D6E5F0 wrote: Polanco now at .208. Tom (.164) batting for Gonzalez (.215). Too many guys who can't hit. 

I remember the days of the Mendoza Line. Maybe it was a bad omen of our demise that the guy spent some time on the Bucs.

We may have a hand in creating an even lower one. "And with that strike out he is now below the (insert Pirate name) line."
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Damn, I was sure we were coming back in the last 3 innings.

Oh well, 3 games in a row remains our high. Not sure when but the Pirates will win 4-5 in a row for sure.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4D606D7C7B6A7D3D3E0F0 wrote: Polanco now at .208. Tom (.164) batting for Gonzalez (.215). Too many guys who can't hit. 

What will it take, what has to happen, for Shelton and Cherington to finally stop playing Polanco or simply release him outright?  Surely they can't be expecting him to get better.  There's no other option that's an improvement over a guy who's hitting .208, and dropping weekly?  This has to stop.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6D3B2D39362C3C373A2D1F38323E3633713C5F0 wrote: Polanco now at .208. Tom (.164) batting for Gonzalez (.215). Too many guys who can't hit. 

What will it take, what has to happen, for Shelton and Cherington to finally stop playing Polanco or simply release him outright?  Surely they can't be expecting him to get better.  There's no other option that's an improvement over a guy who's hitting .208, and dropping weekly?  This has to stop.
Waiting for Shedman to respond
shedman

Post by shedman »

6B5550584B535358785D4A590E3C0 wrote: Polanco now at .208. Tom (.164) batting for Gonzalez (.215). Too many guys who can't hit. 

________

Adam Frazier is sure hoping that they don't salary dump Polanco. Because after Polanco is dumped, Frazier is the next highest salary player and all the Apologists will start pre-apologizing for a salary dump of Frazier.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

243F32333A3639570 wrote: Polanco now at .208. Tom (.164) batting for Gonzalez (.215). Too many guys who can't hit. 

________

Adam Frazier is sure hoping that they don't salary dump Polanco.  Because after Polanco is dumped, Frazier is the next highest salary player and all the Apologists will start pre-apologizing for a salary dump of Frazier.

Why would Frazier not want to be salary dumped from this organization? It's not like he's going to end up somewhere worse. And no one's apologizing for the Pirates dumping him. It's inevitable. It's a key part of Nutting's business plan.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5C474A4B424E412F0 wrote:

Adam Frazier is sure hoping that they don't salary dump Polanco.  Because after Polanco is dumped, Frazier is the next highest salary player and all the Apologists will start pre-apologizing for a salary dump of Frazier.

My vote for most illogical post of the year. If it's a salary dump to get rid of a good player, how is it also a salary dump to get rid of a bad player? Seems like one would be a true salary dump and the other would be based on merit. If they should keep Frazier because he improves the team, why should they keep Polanco when he harms the team? They can't both be salary dumps.