Frazier - 1
2drfischer@gmail.c

SOG/GOG

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Kevin Newman for SOG for August 6.
DemDog

SOG/GOG

Post by DemDog »

How about Polanco for getting the Bucs scoring started.
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

Newman!

shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

MY vote for SOG goesout to Kevin Newman.

The current count is:

Newman - 3

Polanco - 1

Get your votes in before the start of the next game.
Tintin

SOG/GOG

Post by Tintin »

My star of the game is Dyson.

Hear me out. Our guys weren’t scoring today (or all season). We need three bass hits or bomb to get on the board. We don’t take enough pitches to walk, don’t hit the ball hard enough to force errors, and don’t have competent enough hitters to deviate from doing anything but hitting into the shift.

So anyway, for the first time that I can recall this season, we manufactured and stole a run, Dyson walked and stole second, no biggie. But Dyson took advantage of the lack of the Twins attention to him to easily steal third. We needed that run and him scoring it did so many things beside cut the lead to one.

1) it forced Rogers to pitch carefully to Moran, which had a positive result (as well as Reynolds)

2). The 3rd baseman played toward second for double play reason against Reynolds which likely didn’t matter as that was a double all day.

3.) also they don’t draw the infield in up 2, so Newman single maybe doesn’t get thru.

Basically, while Polanco’s bomb and Newman’s hit are flashier, I credit today’s win to Dyson.
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

073A3D273A3D530 wrote: My star of the game is Dyson.

Hear me out.  Our guys weren’t scoring today (or all season).  We need three bass hits or bomb to get on the board.  We don’t take enough pitches to walk, don’t hit the ball hard enough to force errors, and don’t have competent enough hitters to deviate from doing anything but hitting into the shift.

So anyway, for the first time that I can recall this season, we manufactured and stole a run, Dyson walked and stole second, no biggie. But Dyson took advantage of the lack of the Twins attention to him to easily steal third.  We needed that run and him scoring it did so many things beside cut the lead to one.

1) it forced Rogers to pitch carefully to Moran, which had a positive result (as well as Reynolds)

2). The 3rd baseman played toward second for double play reason against Reynolds which likely didn’t matter as that was a double all day.

3.) also they don’t draw the infield in up 2, so Newman single maybe doesn’t get thru. 

Basically, while Polanco’s bomb and Newman’s hit are flashier, I credit today’s win to Dyson.
That was impressive. A run on no hits. Dyson came up big that inning.
WildwoodDave

SOG/GOG

Post by WildwoodDave »

253E33323B3738560 wrote: MY vote for SOG goesout to Kevin Newman. 

The current count is:

Newman - 3

Polanco - 1

Newman for the star

shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

MY vote for SOG goesout to Kevin Newman.

The current count is:

Newman - 3

Polanco - 1

Dyson - 1

SyrBucco

SOG/GOG

Post by SyrBucco »

With much respect to fans of Dyson and Polanco (see my 5 stars post), gotts give it to Newman!