9/7 Game Thread - Taillon Day

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I have to say that one of the highlights of the year occurred after the game. Watching Trevor Williams and his Dad embrace in a 5 minute hug while tears of joy were running down his Dad's cheeks made me break down and cry! Then Trevor gave his Dad the game ball...... What a moment.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

65404343567D40484A5D2F0 wrote: I have to say that one of the highlights of the year occurred after the game. Watching Trevor Williams and his Dad embrace in a 5 minute hug while tears of joy were running down his Dad's cheeks made me break down and cry! Then Trevor gave his Dad the game ball...... What a moment.

Agreed. That was truly moving.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Oh man wish I had seen that. That is awesome. What a moment.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Mets have caught the Cards, and looking at the remaining scheduled, I'd have to give a HUGE advantage to the Mets. Cards remaining schedule is pretty brutal ... Mets is nothing but a lot of Braves, Twins and Phillies. Then again the Cards will probably lose their entire starting lineup to injuries and then win 20 of their last 24.

Anyway, Mets have won 14 of 18 and it looks like they have lots of wins ahead. Will be virtually impossible to catch even if the Pirates catch fire.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates next 15 games are against the Reds,Phillies, and Brewers pretty safe bet to say if the Pirates want to have any hope of actually being a factor in this race these last few weeks they gotta win probably 11 maybe 12 of those 15 games.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

7C7B6D656B7C3B374E69636F6762206D61630E0 wrote: I have to say that one of the highlights of the year occurred after the game. Watching Trevor Williams and his Dad embrace in a 5 minute hug while tears of joy were running down his Dad's cheeks made me break down and cry! Then Trevor gave his Dad the game ball...... What a moment.

Agreed.  That was truly moving. 

Agreed too. What a special moment? His dad was waiting for that hug as Trevor was with his wife and kid first.