Time for Mitch Keller???

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Time for Mitch Keller???

Post by SCBucco »

11362723263B04302726263B420 wrote: Well there really are no other options which is why he should come up. Believe me if Brubaker was healthy I would bring him up over Keller. How much worse could Keller be then Chris Archer right now or Brault. These guys can’t even get out of the 4th or 5th inning. You can’t continue to go with a 3 man rotation and use the opener every 5th day is my point. This team is 24-21 and in a playoff position right now for crying out loud the front office owes it to the fans to do something and give this team a better chance to compete and right now I feel they are not doing that at all.

Like I said many times last year with our resident Lithuanian arm, I don't want to see Brault pitch again in the majors. I'm getting close to saying the same thing with Kingham.
DemDog

Time for Mitch Keller???

Post by DemDog »

Personally, I think it is time for the Bucs to make some major changes with the coaching staff and pitching philosophy. Uncle Ray needs to go and they need to get a pitching guru work with the pitching development throughout the system.
Bobster21

Time for Mitch Keller???

Post by Bobster21 »

5E7F775E757D1A0 wrote: Personally, I think it is time for the Bucs to make some major changes with the coaching staff and pitching philosophy.  Uncle Ray needs to go and they need to get a pitching guru work with the pitching development throughout the system.
I agree Possum. Searage gained fame for helping veterans who had once been good years ago to again become effective like Burnett, Liriano, Volquez and Happ. But Archer used to be good and Searage can't seem to help him. And young pitching prospects who came up during the Searage years have not lived up to expectations. Locke was hopeless. Morton, Cole and Glasnow had to leave the organization to reach a higher level. It's too soon to tell about Taillon, Williams and Musgrove who all show flashes but suffer from inconsistency. I'm sure Searage is a good enough coach. But I don't believe he's the guru he's made out to be simply because he helped a few older veterans regain what they had lost. He doesn't seem to be doing the younger pitchers who don't have a track record of success much good.
DemDog

Time for Mitch Keller???

Post by DemDog »

Just had a quick humorous thought about the opener thing. Why not sign the Pirate Parrot and let him give it a try! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
SammyKhalifa

Time for Mitch Keller???

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I mean there has to be something on the waiver wire, right? They don't even have to be good, just capable of going like 5 or 6 innings