My prediction

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

My prediction

Post by JollyRoger »

I predict the Pirates will go on to have the worst record in MLB this season. However in the off season MLB will decide to go to a lottery for the 2021 draft. The Red Sox will win the Lottery and draft Rocker. It will be the Red Sox/ Yankees battling for best record for the next few years just like MLB wants. Meanwhile the Pirates who fell to the 5th pick will pick someone not in the top 100 claiming that they want to spread their draft budget out so they can sign more players that are not even rated.
DemDog

My prediction

Post by DemDog »

I hope you are predicting this tongue in cheek!
fjk090852-7

My prediction

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I hope this does not happen because the way this 60 game sprint is going the Pirates have a very good chance for the top pick in the draft. The Royals are right behind the Pirates with the second worst record, so a winning streak of a few games could hurt the Bucs chances to get that pick.
Bobster21

My prediction

Post by Bobster21 »

I think they will get the first pick and look for someone like Bullington, who they can project as a middle of the rotation pitcher. (The Pirates have always thought outside the box.) :)
SCBucco

My prediction

Post by SCBucco »

042924353223347477460 wrote: I think they will get the first pick and look for someone like Bullington, who they can project as a middle of the rotation pitcher. (The Pirates have always thought outside the box.) :)

or Moskos, as a viewed reliever.
Bobster21

My prediction

Post by Bobster21 »

6F7F7E495F5F533C0 wrote: I think they will get the first pick and look for someone like Bullington, who they can project as a middle of the rotation pitcher. (The Pirates have always thought outside the box.) :)

or Moskos, as a viewed reliever.

At least Moskos was not #1 overall (he was 4th overall). Bullington was #1 overall in the same draft that had Zack Greinke, Prince Fielder, Cole Hamels, Scott Kazmir, Nick Swisher, Denard Span, Jeremy Guthrie, James Loney and Matt Cain. And Littlefield said Bullington projected as a middle of the rotation starter. Amazing.
2drfischer@gmail.c

My prediction

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

What I'm wondering regarding draft order is this: if a bad team like the Marlins ends-up playing only 55 games, and their winning percentage is .002 worse than the Pirates, do they get to pick ahead of the Pirates?
Bobster21

My prediction

Post by Bobster21 »

7B2D3B2F203A2A212C3B092E24282025672A490 wrote: What I'm wondering regarding draft order is this:  if a bad team like the Marlins ends-up playing only 55 games, and their winning percentage is .002 worse than the Pirates, do they get to pick ahead of the Pirates? 
I would suspect pct would be used. Between now and the end of this short season there could be many teams that don't get 60 games in.

2drfischer@gmail.c

My prediction

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

123F32232435226261500 wrote: What I'm wondering regarding draft order is this:  if a bad team like the Marlins ends-up playing only 55 games, and their winning percentage is .002 worse than the Pirates, do they get to pick ahead of the Pirates? 
I would suspect pct would be used. Between now and the end of this short season there could be many teams that don't get 60 games in.

If that's the case, I suggest the team announce today its come down with the most wide-spread case of COVID the planet has seen, and continuing to play would be impossible for the next two months.