2. Wilmer Difo (S) CF

3. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

4. Phillip Evans (R) 1B

5. Jacob Stallings (R) C

6. Erik Gonzalez (R) 3B

7. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

8. Anthony Alford (R) RF

9. Chad Kuhl (R) P

Wow Shelty, this is a confusing lineup. Difo in CF? Alford can't be any worse than Polanco in RF though.
Bobster21

Official Game Thread - 4/13 - Bucs vs Padres

Post by Bobster21 »

Difo has played a handful of games in the OF with the Nats and the minors. And I recall seeing him in CF a couple times in spring training games this year. The really curious thing is that they moved Alford over to RF so Difo could play CF instead of just putting Difo in RF if Polanco isn't starting and letting Alford play his normal position in CF.

This could be just more mindless managing by Shelton. Or there could be a purpose to it. When Hayes returns someone has to go. Difo was the one added to the roster for Hayes. But aside from his base running blunder last week, he's hit well in limited opportunities going 5 for 12 with 2 doubles, a triple and a HR while playing 3B, the OF and PHing. Alford on the other hand is 0 for 15 with 12 Ks as a starting CFer. I suspect they are deciding between Difo and Alford to go when Hayes returns and this gives Difo a chance to show if he can handle CF (as a reserve) while giving Alford a few more ABs to see if he can get out of his funk.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

One batter: 1-0 Padres.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Kuhl has just been awful so far these first few games he has pitched.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Wow. I'm just gonna go ahead and give Kuhl my GOG vote before the top of the first is even over.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Whodda thunk? Snell is having a worse 1st inning than Kuhl!

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The more I watch Jacob Stallings the more he seems to grow on me more and more. He is a pretty solid player. Not only is he very good defensively behind the plate but he also can swing the bat pretty good and always gives good at bats and is a good clutch hitter it seems like more times then not.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

This is fun.
BenM

Post by BenM »

I thought Kuhl was wild, at least he escaped the first.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Snell doesn't make it through the first. Didn't see that coming. And the only batter he needed to get out of the inning was Kuhl.