2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Melky Cabrera (S) RF

6. Kevin Newman (R) 3B

7. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

8. Cole Tucker (S) SS

9. Joe Musgrove (R) P

Quick 1-0 lead for LA in 1st. In bottom of 1st with 2 strikes on Marte, he flails weakly at a pitch in the opposite side batter's box. Last night he appeared lost in CF on 4 plays. His swinging strikeout tonight on a pitch that looked wild as soon as it left Ryu's hand looks like a pattern. Marte appears disinterested in playing.

In other news, the Pirates gave Russell Martin a video tribute when he came to bat in the 2nd.
Bobster21

Pirates vs LA 5/25

Post by Bobster21 »

And now Marte didn't know how many outs there were! He caught a fly ball in the 2nd for the 3rd out but came up throwing to 2B. They need to get this guy out of the lineup.
IABucFan

Pirates vs LA 5/25

Post by IABucFan »

Just another day at the office. Another double for Bell.
IABucFan

Pirates vs LA 5/25

Post by IABucFan »

Giving up back to back hits to the 8 hole hitter and pitcher with two outs has to be my biggest pet peeve in baseball.
IABucFan

Pirates vs LA 5/25

Post by IABucFan »

Huh. Imagine that, Cervelli taken out for an injury.
BenM

Pirates vs LA 5/25

Post by BenM »

Is that it for Cervelli as a catcher?
Bobster21

Pirates vs LA 5/25

Post by Bobster21 »

Another freak injury to Cervelli. Pederson's bat breaks at the handle and the barrel goes straight back into Cervelli's mask. He finishes the inning behind the plate and then comes out.
IABucFan

Pirates vs LA 5/25

Post by IABucFan »

How in the world...second and third, no outs, to fly outs to the outfield, and no runs.
SCBucco

Pirates vs LA 5/25

Post by SCBucco »

7F77744355705758360 wrote: How in the world...second and third, no outs, to fly outs to the outfield, and no runs.

Blame the Lithuanian.
SteadyFreddy

Pirates vs LA 5/25

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates are now a dreadful 1-4 on this homestand and have been outscored 31-7 in the 4 games they have lost so far to both the Dodgers and Rockies. The Pirates are a combined 2-13 against the Dodgers, DBacks, and Rockies so far this season which is just horrific. I’m with a lot of you as far as Marte goes I have seen enough of these mental lapses and careless play night on and night out. That crap was supposed to stop with Marte this season we were told and it seems like it’s worse then ever now. I seriously wouldn’t mind if they started shopping Marte now and got what they could for him. He is gonna be 31 in October and the guy is a dunce and I am just tired of his laziness. Another important game for the Pirates tomorrow with Archer on the mound to avoid a sweep and pretty much giving back everything the Pirates gained on their 7-4 road trip. I have no confidence at all in Archer to step up and pitch well in this game. I hope I’m wrong.