Sunday - Today's Game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Sunday - Today's Game

Post by MaineBucs »

First, the good news.

1) Vogelbach is not hitting first. Perhaps someone forgot to cue up Moneyball for Shelton and the analytical Department after last night's game.

2) Castillo is in the starting line-up and is hitting fifth. Good news for him and for his father who is in the stands.

3) Well, that's about it.

Wilson is going to have to have an outstanding game to give the Bucs a chance to leave St. Louis with a 1-2 record.

JollyRoger

Sunday - Today's Game

Post by JollyRoger »

For them to have a 1-2 record you will also need a rainout.

It’s a 4 game series
WildwoodDave2

Sunday - Today's Game

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

47626161745F626A687F0D0 wrote: For them to have a 1-2 record you will also need a rainout.

It’s a 4 game series
Chavis- BANG= grandslam
fjk090852-7

Sunday - Today's Game

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Both Chavis and Castillo should be in the starting lineup tomorrow afternoon. If Castillo keeps hitting like he did today they should issue him a uniform with a lower number. He may be here to stay.
Bobster21

Sunday - Today's Game

Post by Bobster21 »

2C20217A737A727F78677D4A0 wrote: Both Chavis and Castillo should be in the starting lineup tomorrow afternoon. If Castillo keeps hitting like he did today they should issue him a uniform with a lower number. He may be here to stay.
I agree. But Shelton often "rewards" players who have a good game by benching them the next day. I hope he keeps them in the lineup.
steve49

Sunday - Today's Game

Post by steve49 »

022F22333425327271400 wrote: Both Chavis and Castillo should be in the starting lineup tomorrow afternoon. If Castillo keeps hitting like he did today they should issue him a uniform with a lower number. He may be here to stay.
I agree. But Shelton often "rewards" players who have a good game by benching them the next day. I hope he keeps them in the lineup.

He is a total moron. He'll play Castillo much less than he should when it's said and done. Starting against LHP and an occasional start ve RHP. IMO , he has "visions" that he is much smarter than he is. You'll see it with Bender also. Sheldon will overpay match-ups and Stratton and others will get way too many of the Bender save opprotunities
GreenWeenie

Sunday - Today's Game

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm willing to bet, and, I mean bet, that Shelton is being told who to play and who to sit.

He very well may be "a moron," and, in the Pirates organization, he's not alone
Bobster21

Sunday - Today's Game

Post by Bobster21 »

7E79687B6839340D0 wrote: Both Chavis and Castillo should be in the starting lineup tomorrow afternoon. If Castillo keeps hitting like he did today they should issue him a uniform with a lower number. He may be here to stay.

He is a total moron. He'll play Castillo much less than he should when it's said and done. Starting against LHP and an occasional start ve RHP. IMO , he has "visions" that he is much smarter than he is. You'll see it with Bender also. Sheldon will overpay match-ups and Stratton and others will get way too many of the Bender save opportunities.

Lineups for L/R matchups don't mean much anymore because starters go so few innings. I hope the Pirates are smart enough to realize that, but they always seem to think they are smarter than everyone else while making decisions that blow up in their face. If a lineup works, stick with it.
GreenWeenie

Sunday - Today's Game

Post by GreenWeenie »

At around .360 WP, how many work? ;)))

Just sayin'.