Oviedo and Nunez Not Playing?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

gileszee

Post by gileszee »

I was just doing my minor league rounds and I notice that neither Oviedo nor Nunez have played a single inning since being acquired. What gives? Both are active, seems strange. Wonder if any of our local media will ask the question to Cherington?
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

It’s obvious

They need to rest after the stress of the trade deadline
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Lol...it has to sink in that they are Pittsburgh Pirates now. Probably traumatized, poor guys.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

616F6A63757C6363060 wrote: Lol...it has to sink in that they are Pittsburgh Pirates now.  Probably traumatized, poor guys.
They haven't been given their cell phones yet :D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Nunez played his first game for Altoona yesterday. He was recovering after being hit on the wrist before the trade. Olviedo pitched an inning in relief yesterday at Indy.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Nunez hit a HR yesterday for Altoona. In 4 games he's 4 for 14 (.286). Oviedo has pitched 3 scoreless innings for Indy.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Bobster. Thanks for the info. I also thought that the rationale for sending Olviedo to AAA was so he could be groomed as a starter.

If he is to be a reliever, why not have him in Pittsburgh?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

624E46414A6D5A4C5C2F0 wrote: Bobster.  Thanks for the info.  I also thought that the rationale for sending Olviedo to AAA was so he could be groomed as a starter. 

If he is to be a reliever, why not have him in Pittsburgh?
That's what I thought too. I guess we shouldn't be surprised after they sent Contreras to pitch in AAA in order to reduce his innings. :-?