Bob Nutting’s Meeting With Players At Spring Training

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Each year when ST begins Bob Nutting meets with the players to discuss the upcoming season. The media doesn’t attend that speech, but I wonder what the players think when he is presenting his talk. I could imagine some yawning, and snickering by the Players. How could an owner give his team an optimistic speech for the upcoming season when he doesn’t give his GM the money to field a team to contend for a divisional title.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

545859020B020A07001F05320 wrote: Each year when ST begins Bob Nutting meets with the players to discuss the upcoming season. The media doesn’t attend that speech, but I wonder what the players think when he is presenting his talk. I could imagine some yawning, and snickering by the Players. How could an owner give his team an optimistic speech for the upcoming season when  he doesn’t give his GM the money to field a team to contend for a divisional title.

this year he is including clips from Major League to keep their attention.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Nutting is meeting with the team today to give him the annual speech to win one for the gipper. Sure wish the players could follow his talk with a Q & A. Question #1 why can’t we add a few more players to really contend for the Division? Question #2 Are the Pirates your priority business,or is it the newspaper business or Seven Springs Resort?
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

One thing I've always wondered though, is what the players think their role in all this is. The roster isn't what it could be of course, and there are rumblings from the players on occasion. But what's the mindset? They're all a part of the mediocrity to one degree or another, so what goes through their heads? "This team needs to spend money to surround me with people better than I am?"
mouse

Post by mouse »

Or players to replace me. That's essentially what we're saying.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

According to Rob Biertempfel Nutting did not address the team today.