3. Josh Bell (S) DH

4. Colin Moran (L) 1B

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

6. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

7. Erik Gonzalez (R) SS

8. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

9. John Ryan Murphy (R) C

Joe Musgrove (R) SP

Geez Shelty, what does Gonzalez have on you? What about Tucker at SS? Oh, I forgot, Shelty has converted him to OF! Listen up Shelty, Tucker should be the everyday SS, Newman the everyday 2B and Frazier in RF.
ChitownBucco

Game Thread - August 4 - Bucs @ Twins

Post by ChitownBucco »

Just win baby!

Need a win to stuff it in ESPN's face that just predicted that the bucs will break the modern record for lowest winning % in a season. Currently held by 1916 A's at .235. would work out to 14 games this year.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This might be a moot point right now but if the Pirates seriously want to at least be somewhat relevant in any kind of race here for one of the 8 playoff spots in each league then they absolutely have to start winning some games here like now. They need to at least go 4-2 in their next 6 games with the Twins and Tigers which would put them at 6-10 which isn’t great by any stretch but it also wouldn’t bury them completely either. But another 5-6 games of losing 5 of 6 and you can pretty much forget about being relevant of any kind in the standings.
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

496E7F7B7E635C687F7E7E631A0 wrote: This might be a moot point right now but if the Pirates seriously want to at least be somewhat relevant in any kind of race here for one of the 8 playoff spots in each league then they absolutely have to start winning some games here like now. They need to at least go 4-2 in their next 6 games with the Twins and Tigers which would put them at 6-10 which isn’t great by any stretch but it also wouldn’t bury them completely either. But another 5-6 games of losing 5 of 6 and you can pretty much forget about being relevant of any kind in the standings.
Ugh. Looks like a moot point. 3-0 bottom of the first.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I guess this isn't going to be a break out season for Joe.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Look at the bright side. No one's fighting in the clubhouse.

Yet.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I was such an idiot to pick 14-46.

This team has no chance to win 14 games.

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm going to rate the Pirates on a scale of 1-10 in each of the different categories:

Hitting: 1

Power: 1

Starting Pitching: 2

Bullpen: 1

Baserunning: 1

Defense: 2

As a reminder, this is on a scale of 1-10.

This team is HISTORICALLY WRETCHED.

Thank God there are only 60 games.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6042514C4F4A4D42615640404C230 wrote: I'm going to rate the Pirates on a scale of 1-10 in each of the different categories:

Hitting: 1

Power: 1

Starting Pitching: 2

Bullpen: 1

Baserunning: 1

Defense: 2

As a reminder, this is on a scale of 1-10.

This team is HISTORICALLY WRETCHED.

Thank God there are only 60 games.
Managing: 1
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

426574707568576374757568110 wrote: This might be a moot point right now but if the Pirates seriously want to at least be somewhat relevant in any kind of race here for one of the 8 playoff spots in each league then they absolutely have to start winning some games here like now. They need to at least go 4-2 in their next 6 games with the Twins and Tigers which would put them at 6-10 which isn’t great by any stretch but it also wouldn’t bury them completely either. But another 5-6 games of losing 5 of 6 and you can pretty much forget about being relevant of any kind in the standings.
Forget about being relevant and forget about sticking it to ESPN. This season means nothing. Counting the exhibition season; this team is 5-23. The best thing that can happen is to keep losing and get that number 1 pick and draft Rocker. A talent like his does not come around every year. Keller and Taillon are not #1 pitchers. Neither are Musgrove, Williams, and the rest of the dregs.

I think Brault could be a decent mid rotation guy and he is probably the best hitter on the team. We need to use him at DH occasionally.

I am encouraged by Brubaker and Burdi; however the bottom line is that this team needs a huge infusion of talent just to be average.