9/30 Final Game. NJBucsfan vs steve 49 for all the marbles.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1. Pablo Reyes (R) LF

2. Starling Marte (R) CF

3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) RF

7. Kevin Kramer (L) 2B

8. Kevin Newman (R) SS

9. Clay Holmes (R) P

Bucs are 81-79. A win makes NJBucsfan the predictions champeen. A loss gives the title to steve49. The suspense is riveting!
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm pretty sure I'm the defending champion, so I will travel to the winner's home tomorrow to formally bestow the crown on the new champ in a special ceremony.

On a related note, I'm happy to report I failed miserably in my attempt to defend the title. I probably finished in LAST place this year. I predicted 63-99.

Quail

Post by Quail »

745645585B5E59567542545458370 wrote: I'm pretty sure I'm the defending champion, so I will travel to the winner's home tomorrow to formally bestow the crown on the new champ in a special ceremony.

On a related note, I'm happy to report I failed miserably in my attempt to defend the title. I probably finished in LAST place this year. I predicted 63-99.

Although you didn't manage to win back-to-back champeenships you carried the crown with dignity, grace and style setting a standard of excellence which future champeens can only hope to equal. Take a bow Carolina; and enjoy the remaining hours of your distinguished reign! ;)
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

Have there been any previous two-time winners? Of course I promise to be a magnanimous champion should they win today.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

As usual, the OBN predictions champeen will travel in style during his year of appearances, lectures, book tour, etc.

INbuc

Post by INbuc »

One other title on the line today is the Intra-divisional crown.  And the Bucs can claim it outright.

Bucs  42-33

Cards 41-34

Cubs  40-35

Milw   39-37

Reds.  26-49

Good improvement for the Bucs in 2018 in an area that needed it.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Marte and Bell go back-to-back. I wasn't looking at the screen when Bell hit his, but as soon as I heard the crack of the bat on TV I figured it might be gone.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Brault is inconsistent and can be sloppy, but his slider and curve really looked sharp today. Good 8th inning.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Nice win for the finale. Reyes was key in the final inning both with the bat and the glove. Nice to see Vazquez close it out. And congrats to NJBucsfan, who predicted 82 wins.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

I gotta admit, I said a bad word when Clint had Feliz lead off the 10th. Luckily, the Reds played Reyes' single into a triple, and then tossed a wild pitch to allow him to score.

In my mind it is hard to believe this team won 82 games, and they deserve some credit for that. As the Reds announcers noted, Oakland went from last place to a playoff team. We have a 180 days to better this team and strive for the post season in 2019.