What Has Happened To The Bucs Hitters

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

We all have heard it is very difficult to hit a pitched ball. Guys like Bell, Frazier, and Reynolds have had a decent history of hitting in the minors, as well as when they arrived in the Big Leagues. You watch them right now, and they look terrible. The Pirate team is striking out at a ridiculous amount of times. I am sure some of the guys are pressing, and that does not help. Has Rick Eckstein failed as a batting coach? I know this team is not a playoff team, but a hit or two in a few of the games they lost probably would have given then possibly 4 or 5 additional wins. It is difficult to imagine that this team has only 4 wins in 21 games. That is pathetic!
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

They can't even make contact right now. 1st and 3rd, no outs last night down 1-0. The Shelton pinch hits Frazier for Moran. Huh? Yeah, Frazier makes more contact, but wouldn't you wanna give one of your better power hitters a chance to hit there? But we got two whiffs and a ground out - so Newman is stranded at 3rd.

It is just supremely ugly right now.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

1A0D1B2C3A3A36590 wrote: They can't even make contact right now.  1st and 3rd, no outs last night down 1-0.  The Shelton pinch hits Frazier for Moran.  Huh?  Yeah, Frazier makes more contact, but wouldn't you wanna give one of your better power hitters a chance to hit there?  But we got two whiffs and a ground out - so Newman is stranded at 3rd.

FYI Shelton did not pinch hit for Moran. He was thrown out of the game when he struck out in his previous at bat. That is a surprise because Moran seldom shows any emotion.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

636F6E353C353D30372832050 wrote: They can't even make contact right now.  1st and 3rd, no outs last night down 1-0.  The Shelton pinch hits Frazier for Moran.  Huh?  Yeah, Frazier makes more contact, but wouldn't you wanna give one of your better power hitters a chance to hit there?  But we got two whiffs and a ground out - so Newman is stranded at 3rd.

FYI Shelton did not pinch hit for Moran. He was thrown out of the game when he struck out in his previous at bat. That is a surprise because Moran seldom shows any emotion.
He didn't show much emotion that time either. He just said it was a terrible call. No reason to toss him.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

2A26277C757C74797E617B4C0 wrote: We all have heard it is very difficult to hit a pitched ball. Guys like Bell, Frazier, and Reynolds have had a decent history of hitting in the minors, as well as when they arrived in the Big Leagues. You watch them right now, and they look terrible. The Pirate team is striking out at a ridiculous amount of times. I am sure some of the guys are pressing, and that does not help. Has Rick Eckstein failed as a batting coach? I know this team is not a playoff team, but a hit  or two in a few of the games they lost probably would have given then possibly 4 or 5 additional wins. It is difficult to imagine that this team has only 4 wins in 21 games. That is pathetic!

[highlight]I know this team is not a playoff team, but[/highlight] a hit  or two in a few of the games they lost probably would have given then possibly 4 or 5 additional wins.

But, nothing!

Sure, a hit or two more....

Nobody ever thinks of the opposite- a couple fewer hits, and we'd have a couple more losses.

Let's face it.  We are what the record says that we are- not very good.  The worst.

Our owner and general manager did nothing to make the team any better, so it shouldn't be a revelation.

In fact, the surprise would be if they were doing any better.

I'm thinking that there's a book on these guys now that opposing pitchers have seen what they have.