MLB Draft

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

MLB Draft

Post by Ecbucs »

616D6C373E373F32352A30070 wrote: The choice of Skenes along with Keller gives the Pirates a nice 1 -2 punch. Priester, Jones, Solometo, Brubaker and several others can fill out a nice starting rotation. Overall I am pleased with the Pirates choice today.

me too, I was Crews all the way until a couple days ago when analysts convinced me that he has a good change of being dominant in the majors like Strassburg. If he can pitch like him without the injuries then the Pirates can have a great one two punch when they make the playoffs. Getting a pitcher may also mean the Bucs feel they have more offense in the pipeline and perhaps with Endy, Gonzales, and Cruz they do.
2drfischer@gmail.c

MLB Draft

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

240203140212610 wrote: The choice of Skenes along with Keller gives the Pirates a nice 1 -2 punch. Priester, Jones, Solometo, Brubaker and several others can fill out a nice starting rotation. Overall I am pleased with the Pirates choice today.

me too, I was Crews all the way until a couple days ago when analysts convinced me that he has a good change of being dominant in the majors like Strassburg.  If he can pitch like him without the injuries then the Pirates can have a great one two punch when they make the playoffs.  Getting a pitcher may also mean the Bucs feel they have more offense in the pipeline and perhaps with Endy, Gonzales, and Cruz they do.

What we have to keep in mind is that the window for having both Keller and Skenes will only be two years if the Pirates can’t sign Keller to an extension.  He’s a free agent after 2025.  If Skenes was drafted in order to team him with Keller, then BC must have plans to keep Keller beyond ‘25.  If that’s the plan, Keller’s negotiating position just got stronger, which is going to make him a richer young man.
ChillinStation

MLB Draft

Post by ChillinStation »

I think Keller would take 4/$70m. He might still have some can`t believe it, in him .
ChillinStation

MLB Draft

Post by ChillinStation »

We have another pick tonight any thoughts ?
INbuc

MLB Draft

Post by INbuc »

Could double down on pitching and take Joe Whitman or Hunter Owen — college lefties.
ChillinStation

MLB Draft

Post by ChillinStation »

Mitch Jebb a light hitting SS, feeling real good about this one.

Pirate already have a Hunter Owen.
IABucFan

MLB Draft

Post by IABucFan »

Pirates have the third pick tomorrow. Jack Hurley, #38 prospect according to MLB, is still available. Hoping the Bucs gamble and pick him, even if it means punting on the next couple of rounds. Many thought Hurley might go in the first round.
JollyRoger

MLB Draft

Post by JollyRoger »

I was hoping the Pirates would draft the big 6’5” lefty Cameron Johnson with either the 42 pick or their 67 pick. They still might have a chance tomorrow but it will take some money to have him give up his commitment to LSU.

Funny watching Harold Reynolds saying the Pirates would dominate the draft if they get Johnson to go with Skenes. The LSU coach was just remaining silent every time Reynolds brought up Johnson
Bobster21

MLB Draft

Post by Bobster21 »

Not impressed with the Jebb pick. They continue to pile up middle infielders.
IABucFan

MLB Draft

Post by IABucFan »

I’m hoping they use the money they’ll likely save on the Jebb pick to take someone with high upside in the third round. Jack Hurley is my first choice. Lefty outfielder who probably plays better in PNC. But, there’s a number of top prospects still on the board. In addition to Hurley, Travis Sykora, Cam Johnson, and Hunter Owen. Owen has fallen due to injury. Either he or Hurley could very easily have been first round picks.