Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Pirates Vs Cubs 4/8 Home Opener...

Post by Bobster21 »

Oy vey. :'(
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

at one point the Bucs had the lead in this game.

baby steps.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Just feels like the Pirates are never gonna win another game again. This offense has been terrible these last few games.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1D3A2B2F2A37083C2B2A2A374E0 wrote: Just feels like the Pirates are never gonna win another game again. This offense has been terrible these last few games.
I thought Surg might get us a win but no such luck
steve49

Post by steve49 »

6A4D5C585D407F4B5C5D5D40390 wrote: Please call Todd Frazier up this weekend and help out this pathetic bench the Pirates have. You knew that guys like Fowler and Difo weren’t gonna do anything against Kimbrel.

I think we lose 105 games with or without that 230 hitter

bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Well the A's and Marlins are keeping us company so far but I'm sure we will be the worse soon enough.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

797E6F7C6F3E330A0 wrote: Please call Todd Frazier up this weekend and help out this pathetic bench the Pirates have. You knew that guys like Fowler and Difo weren’t gonna do anything against Kimbrel.

I think we lose 105 games with or without that 230 hitter

Most likely but I’d rather see Frazier up here now and an extra veteran bat in the lineup as opposed to carrying 14 pitchers. Especially with Hayes out now as well where Frazier could get some at bats. This offense can’t score runs now it won’t make the lineup any worse. I was at least hoping the Pirates could hang around .500 these first 2-4 weeks of the season to the point where myself and others don’t lose complete and total interest. I don’t see a ton of wins upcoming here this next week or so and by next week this time the Pirates can easily be sitting here at 1-12 or or 2-11 and completely buried in the standings before the season even begins.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3433223122737E470 wrote: Please call Todd Frazier up this weekend and help out this pathetic bench the Pirates have. You knew that guys like Fowler and Difo weren’t gonna do anything against Kimbrel.

I think we lose 105 games with or without that 230 hitter.
I think he would have more value than his on field production. The young players could benefit from a veteran who has played on good teams and in pressure situations. It's more about veteran leadership than batting average. Players could learn things from him that they take with them long after he's no longer on the roster.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

This Pirate team is nothing but a bunch of Max Patkins, especially the pitching staff. Check out this video as proof.

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I'm not so concerned with the number of losses. How many the team loses beyond 100 doesn't matter. What I'm rooting for are the guys who we know will be traded to perform better than expected. I was really happy to see Polanco have a good day. We need him to continuing doing well just in case another team loses an outfielder to injury. Both Fraziers and a couple of the bullpen guys also need to have good months ahead. Getting better returns in trades this year is more important to the future of this organization than how many games are won or lost this year.