Oy ve, rain delay.
WildwoodDave2

Official Game Thread - 7/1 - Bucs vs Brewers

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Rain delay
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Brownie has dubbed this team the "Heart Attack Kids". Shelty going ballistic as they delay the game and pull out the tarp in the top of the 9th with rain.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

7B5A527B50583F0 wrote: Brownie has dubbed this team the "Heart Attack Kids".  Shelty going ballistic as they delay the game and pull out the tarp in the top of the 9th with rain.
Both managers were PO'd
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Game is back on.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

One thing for sure- this team doesn't quit
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Major step back for Contreras. When he came off the mound after the 4 run inning, you could see it on his face, he had no clue, and he looked completely defeated. I'm thinking the comeback they mounted that fell short is going to weigh even harder on him, considering he actually ended up being the one who lost the game.

Oviedo falls to 3-9 though, and he does deserve the loss on the books. It's a shame, the offense actually provided runs, though later in the game. He's had some tough luck losses, but at the same time he's usually putting the Pirates in an early hole.

All in all, pleased with how the team fought back. Kind of upset with Shelton looking to have sent up the white flag pulling Santana in the 8th, but that could just be hindsight on my part. I also don't understand sending Castro up, but at the same time, I wasn't keeping track of who was where because of pulling Santana and Bae having to leave, so might have had no choice. Not sure I understand PH for Delay in the first place.
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Send Contreas down to get some starts and bring up Priester.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

614740555C50475159320 wrote: Major step back for Contreras. When he came off the mound after the 4 run inning, you could see it on his face, he had no clue, and he looked completely defeated. I'm thinking the comeback they mounted that fell short is going to weigh even harder on him, considering he actually ended up being the one who lost the game

Oviedo falls to 3-9 though, and he does deserve the loss on the books. It's a shame, the offense actually provided runs, though later in the game. He's had some tough luck losses, but at the same time he's usually putting the Pirates in an early hole.

All in all, pleased with how the team fought back. Kind of upset with Shelton looking to have sent up the white flag pulling Santana in the 8th, but that could just be hindsight on my part. I also don't understand sending Castro up, but at the same time, I wasn't keeping track of who was where because of pulling Santana and Bae having to leave, so might have had no choice. Not sure I understand PH for Delay in the first place.
Send him down along with Contreras
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

724C4941524A4A416144534017250 wrote: Major step back for Contreras. When he came off the mound after the 4 run inning, you could see it on his face, he had no clue, and he looked completely defeated. I'm thinking the comeback they mounted that fell short is going to weigh even harder on him, considering he actually ended up being the one who lost the game

Send him down along with Contreras
Both this year and last year, Contreras seems to fluctuate between good and bad games. His previous appearance was 3 innings of shutout, 2-hit relief on June 27. Whenever you think he's ready to be a solid starter, he falls apart and whenever you're ready to give up on him, he has a strong game. So the ability is there but something's preventing him from being consistent. Maybe he has trouble repeating his delivery or maybe he has a bad plan for hitters or maybe there's something else that can corrected in AAA. But just continuing to send him out to face MLB hitters is not working. He needs to be optioned and, hopefully, can correct whatever is holding him back.