Cervelli?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Cervelli?

Post by DemDog »

7A4D5B4B7E595651567F79380 wrote: I thought Possum used to coach Honus and Tommy Leach?

Close but no cigar. I actually taught Connie Mack how to manage baseball! ;D But since I did not play for the Pirates I am not eligible to be the oldest living Pirate.

Note: I am surprised that I was not the first guess just so you guys could rag me about my age.
BucsFaninGA

Cervelli?

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Good one Possum! But you did show Smokey Burgess how to hit a back door curve ball right? 8-)

DemDog

Cervelli?

Post by DemDog »

152234241136393E391016570 wrote: Good one Possum! But you did show Smokey Burgess how to hit a backdoor curveball right? 8-)

Yep! And he was among the best all time! ;D
Osushawn

Cervelli?

Post by Osushawn »

Not quite sure about the Cervelli love versus what we get from Diaz. Diaz hits for higher average last year, HR's were about the same, and a smidge less RBI if you were to give Diaz the extra AB's Cervelli got. I would be happy to trade Cervelli and not worrry about Diaz being the main guy behind the plate. I am sure they can find a better version of Stallings somewhere else as a backup
mouse

Cervelli?

Post by mouse »

The sense I have is that Diaz doesn't square up behind the plate, with the result that a lot of balls that bounce in the dirt and should bounce off him and end up right in front, to be picked up, instead deflect at an angle and become pass balls or wild pitches. Aside from that, I would be happy to see Diaz catch 60% of the time and Cervelli the rest. I do think they need to spell each other - catching is a grueling position and you get better results if the job is shared.
Piratefanbill

Cervelli?

Post by Piratefanbill »

7B77762D242D25282F302A1D0 wrote: Just because they are shopping him, does not mean they will trade him. If they would find a match for a deal, they may want a catcher in return as part of the package. the census is that the buccos are listening to offers, but will probably keep Cerveli