Nova to Start Today vs Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve49

Post by steve49 »

7F59584F59493A0 wrote: That's exactly the problem, I wouldn't be so frustrated if you knew they were doing they're best, but playing SRod playing day after day hitting .170, batting Polanco 2nd when he's hitting below .200 for months, batting Bell cleanup for months hitting 4 HR and poor offense in general, bringing in a closer who has blown a couple of games without having someone else up if he isn't effective and he blows 2 more games that are effectively won, and on and on.  The above is just unexplainable, and not the actions of someone who is trying to win.  I am so tired of watching this inept management of a team that could have a much better record and fun to watch.  It's time the fans get the attention of this owner by not showing up when they are at PNC.   We deserve better and I'm tired of this crap.  Listening to Hurdle with all his stupid explanations just makes me sick, and I'm really tired of it.

fans are not showing up so far this year. Pirates are 27th in attendance and average just 16,740.  Last year it was 23,696.  There is no way they will reach last year's attendance.

In 2016 the average was 28,112

I think there are 49 home dates left.

Yes , I saw that a while ago. The attendance is just plain scary bad.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

They are doing a buy one get one free this month if you order tickets online.

The Marlins were putting tickets on Stub Hub. I wonder if the Pirates are doing that too?
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

04233236332E11253233332E570 wrote: That's exactly the problem, I wouldn't be so frustrated if you knew they were doing they're best, but playing SRod playing day after day hitting .170, batting Polanco 2nd when he's hitting below .200 for months, batting Bell cleanup for months hitting 4 HR and poor offense in general, bringing in a closer who has blown a couple of games without having someone else up if he isn't effective and he blows 2 more games that are effectively won, and on and on.  The above is just unexplainable, and not the actions of someone who is trying to win.  I am so tired of watching this inept management of a team that could have a much better record and fun to watch.  It's time the fans get the attention of this owner by not showing up when they are at PNC.   We deserve better and I'm tired of this crap.  Listening to Hurdle with all his stupid explanations just makes me sick, and I'm really tired of it.

fans are not showing up so far this year. Pirates are 27th in attendance and average just 16,740.  Last year it was 23,696.  There is no way they will reach last year's attendance.

In 2016 the average was 28,112

I think there are 49 home dates left. I agree it’s only going to get worse the further the team falls out of contention. There is a 10 game homestand starting this weekend so we will see how the crowds are in the next week or so. But yea the attendance so far this season is putrid and the Pirates ownership and management are getting exactly what they deserve at the end of the day.

I bet in this 10 game homestand the Bucs don't average more than 23,000 and that will only be because of weekend games and giveaways.

Hoping that management sees attendance from this year as a wake up call. Fans want to see management trying to win now.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Despite all of the jokes and such I don't know how much giveaways really move attendance (though if they didn't at all I guess no teams would have them). It's not like I've ever gone to a Riverhounds or a Washington Wild Things game to score that cool frisbee or whatever. Now I do admit that it has guided my purchasing on occasion, but only when I'm deciding between two different dates to go.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

6B5955554173505954515E59380 wrote: Despite all of the jokes and such I don't know how much giveaways really move attendance (though if they didn't at all I guess no teams would have them).  It's not like I've ever gone to a Riverhounds or a Washington Wild Things game to score that cool frisbee or whatever.  Now  I do admit that it has guided my purchasing on occasion, but only when I'm deciding between two different dates to go.

I think they do to a certain degree to the Pirates. Fireworks night and bobbleheads are good draws. There are so many shirt giveaways I could see them as more likely to influence date of someone attending a game like you describe.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Bobblehead nights are a huge draw.   I've attended several (3) the last few years.  Every single time I took my bobblehead and sell it to someone near by just before the game for $15  I know they sell online for more than that, but that buys me 1.25 Beers! (how sad is that??)  I'm not exaggerating, it takes a matter of a minute for someone nearby to say "yeah, I'll take it". 

I don't care about bobbleheads at all and don't feel like being hassled to sell it online.  The value of those things kinda subsidizes the game ticket. Or my concession bill, anyway.  
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Weird. I thought the popularity had ebbed. I'd trade one for a beer any time (depending on what beer).