Kang and Harrison

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Kang and Harrison

Post by SCBucco »

Toronto just declined on Yangervis Solarte. Hmmmm .... plays 2B, SS, 3B ... had a crap OBP, but provides power. An option here?
fjk090852-7

Kang and Harrison

Post by fjk090852-7 »

1D0D0C3B2D2D214E0 wrote: Toronto just declined on Yangervis Solarte.  Hmmmm .... plays 2B, SS, 3B ... had a crap OBP, but provides power.  An option here?
I just saw that. He also is not yet eligible for free agency so maybe the Bucs and Toronto could work out a trade.
Ecbucs

Kang and Harrison

Post by Ecbucs »

6965643F363F373A3D22380F0 wrote: Toronto just declined on Yangervis Solarte.  Hmmmm .... plays 2B, SS, 3B ... had a crap OBP, but provides power.  An option here?
I just saw that. He also is not yet eligible for free agency so maybe the Bucs and Toronto could work out a trade.

Does this mean the Blue Jays have to offer him arbitration, sign him or release him?

He shouldn't cost much after his poor 2018.
Quail

Kang and Harrison

Post by Quail »

486E6F786E7E0D0 wrote: Toronto just declined on Yangervis Solarte.  Hmmmm .... plays 2B, SS, 3B ... had a crap OBP, but provides power.  An option here?

Does this mean the Blue Jays have to offer him arbitration, sign him or release him?

He shouldn't cost much after his poor 2018.

I'd hope for someone better than Solarte. He hasn't got a legit glove for SS or even 2B, his bat is no improvement on Moran, and he's going to be 31 years old. I'd rather have David Freese come back for a year.
BucsFaninGA

Kang and Harrison

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Asdrúbal Cabrera might be a good fella to consider! He plays SS, 2B and 3B. Has some pop in the old stick too! Beat'em Bucs 8-)

Article from Rumbunter...

https://rumbunter.com/2018/11/01/pittsb ... l-cabrera/
mouse

Kang and Harrison

Post by mouse »

The selection on the extra infielder will be an interesting one to watch. I like the idea of a veteran who is winding down but still has abilities. Freese was certainly that, and Joe Randa years before him. In both cases, though, the player got mishandled, getting pressed into essentially full-time service at a time with part-time would have been more effective (for that player). Obviously that was by necessity in each case, but I would hope that wouldn't happen again this year.
notes34

Kang and Harrison

Post by notes34 »

It's a big mistake not keeping Kang. I know its a risk but this guy can hit, and has great power potential. He will get signed somewhere on an incentive laden deal.
SammyKhalifa

Kang and Harrison

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6354425267404F484F6660210 wrote: Asdrúbal Cabrera might be a good fella to consider! He plays SS, 2B and 3B. Has some pop in the old stick too! Beat'em Bucs 8-)

Article from Rumbunter...

https://rumbunter.com/2018/11/01/pittsb ... l-cabrera/

Yeah, he's been on the top of mind for me too.
SCBucco

Kang and Harrison

Post by SCBucco »

76776C7D6B2B2C180 wrote: It's a big mistake not keeping Kang. I know its a risk but this guy can hit, and has great power potential. He will get signed somewhere on an incentive laden deal.

I have to admit, I shake my head with people upset with this development. What has Kang done in the last two years of professional baseball? I will wait. What is his off the field report? I will hang up and listen. Not trying to be a smart as*, but he is 1-1 in a pinch hitting roll against an arm that people on this board probably could hit. It's not like he is 24 either. If you want to say there really aren't that many options out there that are realistic, then you have me. Otherwise, this isn't as bad as people think.
notes34

Kang and Harrison

Post by notes34 »

4B5B5A6D7B7B77180 wrote: It's a big mistake not keeping Kang. I know its a risk but this guy can hit, and has great power potential. He will get signed somewhere on an incentive laden deal.

I have to admit, I shake my head with people upset with this development.  What has Kang done in the last two years of professional baseball?  I will wait.  What is his off the field report?  I will hang up and listen.  Not trying to be a smart as*, but he is 1-1 in a pinch hitting roll against an arm that people on this board probably could hit.  It's not like he is 24 either.  If you want to say there really aren't that many options out there that are realistic, then you have me.  Otherwise, this isn't as bad as people think.

Whatever its your opinion. Do you really think any of the realistic options are going to be better? Kang in his current form is at least a defensive upgrade over Moran. I get it he's been out for 2 years and isn't getting any younger. What impressed me is without a preparation he was able to step in and not look overmatched. He went 2-6 by the way not 1-1. I wouldn't have given him the 5M either but I would've tried to have a handshake deal in place for a lower salary with incentives. I have no idea if there are any off the field issues. Go ahead and hang up, I could care less we both have an opinion. My opinion is that Colin Moran sucks, and Kang would be a better option. Both opinions are based on unknowns, I'm just saying I would take the chance.