Official Game Thread - 5/30 - Bucs vs Rockies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

57706165607D42766160607D040 wrote: Would have been nice to finish off the sweep and put together 3 wins in a row. Pirates had their chance to break this game open in the 4th but couldn’t do it. I’m slowly reaching the end of being patient with Kevin Newman. He is just not getting it done and other options need to start being considered at SS moving forward in my opinion.
I agree with you about Newman. He hit only.224 last season, and through almost two months this season is at .207. With Hayes, Moran and Evans soon to return I would not be surprised if Newman was sent to Indy, and they give Tucker a chance to see if he can hit any better for several games. I know Tucker hasn’t done much better, but send him out there for a month or so to see if he can consistently hit MLB pitching.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

525E5F040D040C01061903340 wrote: Would have been nice to finish off the sweep and put together 3 wins in a row. Pirates had their chance to break this game open in the 4th but couldn’t do it. I’m slowly reaching the end of being patient with Kevin Newman. He is just not getting it done and other options need to start being considered at SS moving forward in my opinion.
I agree with you about Newman. He hit only.224 last season, and through almost two months this season is at .207. With Hayes, Moran and Evans soon to return I would not be surprised if Newman was sent to Indy, and they give Tucker a chance to see if he can hit any better for several games. I know Tucker hasn’t done much better, but send him out there for a month or so to see if he can consistently hit MLB pitching.
I don't disagree with the idea but I think if that was in the Pirates plans, they would already be playing Tucker. This would be the perfect time to find out if Tucker was the better option. Instead, he sits and Newman plays and when the others return from IL, they still won't know if Tucker would be the better option. But they could be finding out right now if they wanted. They just don't seem interested.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7A575A4B4C5D4A0A09380 wrote: Would have been nice to finish off the sweep and put together 3 wins in a row. Pirates had their chance to break this game open in the 4th but couldn’t do it. I’m slowly reaching the end of being patient with Kevin Newman. He is just not getting it done and other options need to start being considered at SS moving forward in my opinion.
I don't disagree with the idea but I think if that was in the Pirates plans, they would already be playing Tucker. This would be the perfect time to find out if Tucker was the better option. Instead, he sits and Newman plays and when the others return from IL, they still won't know if Tucker would be the better option. But they could be finding out right now if they wanted. They just don't seem interested.   

yes, it looks like Difo, Newman and E-Gon are ahead of him on current roster. Then there was taking a flyer on Vargas. If he doesn't get regular playing time for the next few games it will be pretty clear BC and company don't expect him to do anything. He does seem to be a decent fielder though.

I don't see why he isn't at least groomed to be a utility infielder if he can't hit. He seems to be a good base runner as well as have a good glove.