4/11 game thread vs Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

4/11 game thread vs Cubs

Post by SCBucco »

212D2C777E777F72756A70470 wrote: I think Smoker should be sent to Indy. He has not been very good each time he has pitched.

You can make a case that everyone absent Rivero/Vasquez, should be in Indy. The BP had a 7.79 ERA heading into this outing. Yep, Feliepe has contributed to that, but he is the only guy with a proven track record. Kontos will be better. Neverauskas has been horrid. He needs to be in AAA; Santana has good stuff, but isn't ready ... I question Feliz. In time Siegrist will be up; if he isn't pissed off and leaves ... Crick will be up and Musgrove will be in the pen.
dmetz

4/11 game thread vs Cubs

Post by dmetz »

Kingham needs to be up in a couple days for pen work, he should be up and Clay Holmes can stay. Holmes definitely has no future as a starter. Get he and Kingham in the pen.

Pretty sure Crick sucks. He's no answer. He would just be a different name getting beat.
SCBucco

4/11 game thread vs Cubs

Post by SCBucco »

69606879770D0 wrote: Kingham needs to be up in a couple days for pen work, he should be up and Clay Holmes can stay. Holmes definitely has no future as a starter.  Get he and Kingham in the pen.

Pretty sure Crick sucks. He's no answer.  He would just be a different name getting beat.

I brought Crick's name up because he had some degree of success last year for the Giants in a small sample size. Not sure he is an answer either. He was like the 15th or 16th best prospect for the Giants and its not like they were loaded. I'm looking at the options down on the farm and come up with few options.
skinnyhorse

4/11 game thread vs Cubs

Post by skinnyhorse »

4E454D4144455E1B1D6A534B4245450449452A0 wrote: Marte misses the ball too, no throw to the plate.

It's like they don't like Glasnow or want him to succeed. Four players messed up, three considered good defensive players. He leaves giving up four runs and all considered earned. Score keepers are awful too.
Not sure what's going with Marte he making little league errors over running ground balls right at him, I've seen him do it twice, looks like something a little leaguer would do. He had chances to cut down runners at the plate and fumbles the grounders just looks awful.
INbuc

4/11 game thread vs Cubs

Post by INbuc »

The bullpen may be a revolving door all season. I agree, let's give Kingham a shot. A.J. Schugal starts his rehab tomorrow in Bradenton. Hope he recovers quickly....he could help stabilize things in the pen.
dmetz

4/11 game thread vs Cubs

Post by dmetz »

54444572646468070 wrote: Kingham needs to be up in a couple days for pen work, he should be up and Clay Holmes can stay. Holmes definitely has no future as a starter.  Get he and Kingham in the pen.

Pretty sure Crick sucks. He's no answer.  He would just be a different name getting beat.

I brought Crick's name up because he had some degree of success last year for the Giants in a small sample size. Not sure he is an answer either.  He was like the 15th or 16th best prospect for the Giants and its not like they were loaded. I'm looking at the options down on the farm and come up with few options. 

I agree and think Crick is going to come up anyway. I don't see a quality pitcher in him, so I'd rather us not waste time unless he's lighting Indy on fire. We have a bunch of decent but not great starters in the high minors that I'd like to see used in the ML bullpen. To see what happens.
fjk090852-7

4/11 game thread vs Cubs

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I noticed the Nats Dfa Enny Romero a tall lefty pitcher. Possibly the Bucs should look into acquiring him to replace Smoker in the bullpen. Romero has had some success in the past.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/11 game thread vs Cubs

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The Bullpen has some young guys for sure. They will go through their growing pains. That is expected. They all have done well and bad so far this year. It certainly doesn't help when the defense doesn't show up. Four balls were misplayed in one inning. Four. That's a lot.

People want the young guys to play. This is what can happen. Three veterans and very good gloves let Glasnow down in this game. It is a team effort for sure, but it is reflected in Glasnow's stat line. Glasnow needs to get better too. Some hard hit balls for sure.

I can see Crick and Kingham being called up soon. Would Smoker be sent down or just released? I don't know his option situation.
SammyKhalifa

4/11 game thread vs Cubs

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4252536472727E110 wrote: Kingham needs to be up in a couple days for pen work, he should be up and Clay Holmes can stay. Holmes definitely has no future as a starter.  Get he and Kingham in the pen.

I brought Crick's name up because he had some degree of success last year for the Giants in a small sample size. Not sure he is an answer either.  He was like the 15th or 16th best prospect for the Giants and its not like they were loaded. I'm looking at the options down on the farm and come up with few options. 

Chad Kuhl

He has stuff but I don't think he's ever going to go over 5 IP as a starter
PMike

4/11 game thread vs Cubs

Post by PMike »

I, too, think Glasnow was really let down by his teammates. He gave up a couple of hard hits, but they were really deep into the inning (>25 pitches). I was also very frustrated with the pitch calling for Glasnow. He doesn't shake calls off (which is good). I think he is told to trust the call. However, he threw all fastballs to Baez until the strikeout curve ball. Then he didn't throw another curveball until Bryant came up. The pitch selection was way too FB heavy early and got him predictable. Then, they would only mix in the curve in predictable moments. It's like they were afraid it would be so good Cervelli couldn't catch it. They didn't call for a change up at all. I was very frustrated with their pitch calling for Glasnow. I don't know who calls the game, Cervelli or the bench, but they set him up to fail.