Reds @ Pirates Sunday Afternoon Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

I've been impressed with Cabrera too. He's only 34, it seems like he's been around forever.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Josh with another double and another RBI.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Melky's on fire! Professional hitter!
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Martin rips a double. 

What a great response by the Buccos.  Impressive. 
notes34

Post by notes34 »

212630383621666A13343E323A3F7D303C3E530 wrote: Dietrich was way over the top. No need to stand there 5 seconds. He and Archer were involved in an age-old baseball dispute.  Archer didn’t even hit Dietrich.  The guy who was over the top was Savid Bell.
Agreed. Dietrich stood there way too long. Archer didn't plunk him, he threw it behind him. There should've been warnings issued and that's it. Bell caused this whole thing to spiral out of control. There could be a suspension come out of this one.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

746C6E69697E6F68757462070 wrote: Haven't seen enough of Archer to know but he seems to have no idea where the pitch is going.  So far he's a big disappointment gave up a lot to get him so far nothing to show for it. 
I would calm down a little. Archer has very good swing and miss stuff. He does need to be more efficient but he gives you a chance almost every time out.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Good to win games within the division to start the year and to beat the teams you should beat which I guess the Reds are one of those teams. You win today you are 5-3 and the Reds drop to 1-8. Same with the Cubs these next few days they are off to a 2-7 let’s continue to put some seperation between them as well.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Dietrich pretty much just did it again where he stood there and admired his homerun. It’s now a 7-5 game how big is the Melky hit looking now.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

How sweep it is. Great series should be 7-1 had they not blown two games against the Cards but we’ll take 5-3 heading on the road for 8 games in Chicago, Washington, and Detroit the next 10 days.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Tomorrow is the home opener for the Cubs so Tuesday is an off day.

Great to sweep the Reds after they made numerous off season moves to improve. I particularly liked Rodriguez gett8ng the save. I always hate that managers seem to say they only have 1 reliever who can get saves and therefore that "closer" has to be reserved for that purpose alone.