Crickets ...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Crickets ...

Post by Bobster21 »

133534233525560 wrote: I'm surprised the Pirates didn't draft someone in the major league phase of Rule 5. A team that's in a rebuild and not worried about competing can afford to add a Rule 5 player and keep him on the roster for a year. There's really nothing to lose in that instance. It just seems that so far this new regime is aggressively pursuing the avoidance of any and all player moves.

I wonder if they had their eyes on one of the players picked in front of them.  Otherwise it only matters if there was someone left that they think is better (or has a lot more potential) than someone already on the 40 man roster.  Its hard to believe they didn't find someone.

On the other hand, they prepared well in not losing anyone in the major league portion.
6 players were chosen after the slot the Pirates would have drafted in. Seems like they could have found someone just to stash for a year and then let develop in the system after that.
SyrBucco

Crickets ...

Post by SyrBucco »

Well, the inaction has ended. Luke Maile! Excuse me while I kiss the sky! BC: right team, wrong catcher.

To provide further aggravation, the Reds signed Wade Miley, who we sure could have used in our rotation.

Visit to the Burgh this coming season is highly doubtful.
Leyland1948

Crickets ...

Post by Leyland1948 »

I think even the crickets have given up and left the building!!