MLB reporting that Archer is a Buc.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

iabucco

Post by iabucco »

I think Polanco is a huge key. Early in the year, he was hot and the Bucs were winning. He got really cold and the team got really cold. He has turned it around and the team has turned it around. If he can keep providing homers the team can be dangerous, particularly if Dickerson comes back hitting like he was right before his injury. If Dickerson and Polanco keep hitting for power this team can be a big factor in the race.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

No way that Oneil Cruz is a PTBNL, At best, it might be like a Steven Jennings or Cody Bolton.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Aren't there two players to be named later, one from each trade? The one from the Archer trade is supposed to be significant, I thought I heard.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

34362C2A3C590 wrote: Aren't there two players to be named later, one from each trade? The one from the Archer trade is supposed to be significant, I thought I heard.

It has been reported that ptbnl is significant but then isn't that said pretty much all the time?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0A2C2D3A2C3C4F0 wrote: Aren't there two players to be named later, one from each trade? The one from the Archer trade is supposed to be significant, I thought I heard.

It has been reported that ptbnl is significant but then isn't that said pretty much all the time?
That's true. Whoever NH agreed to give up would be described as significant. Maybe another Bobby Hill. :D
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I thought I also saw that NH said it was someone that fans of the team would recognize.

That would seem to imply it's someone from the MLB squad, or has spent time on the MLB squad. Moroff, Brault or Frazier maybe?
Quail

Post by Quail »

I really don't care much about who the PTBNL is in the Archer deal. Archer is exactly the piece that the Pirates needed. Whatever the cost in prospects was worth it because we've now got enough talent and depth to be realistically competitive. We haven't had a real leader on this pitching staff since A.J. Burnett, and from what I've been reading about Archer he has the kind of leadership qualities which should be a huge plus for a young, impressionable pitching staff.

Acquiring Archer also gives meaning to the Kela trade. Strengthening the back end of the bullpen makes a good deal more sense now that the starting rotation has been greatly enhanced. I can't adequately express how surprised and impressed I am with NH for making two genuine baseball trades! These aren't just some typical nibble around the fringes, barrel scraping, reclamation project trade deadline dumpster dives. They're impactful trades involving established, talented major leaguers who will help the team now and in the future!!

Kudos to NH for stepping up and doing the right thing!!!
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

08352B262923280A2235242223470 wrote: I thought I also saw that NH said it was someone that fans of the team would recognize.

That would seem to imply it's someone from the MLB squad, or has spent time on the MLB squad. Moroff, Brault or Frazier maybe?

I was under the impression it couldn't be anyone on the 40 man roster. Can anyone confirm?
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

083432342F263029470 wrote: I thought I also saw that NH said it was someone that fans of the team would recognize.

I was under the impression it couldn't be anyone on the 40 man roster.  Can anyone confirm?

I am not sure about this, I had heard it couldn't be anyone on 25 man roster but it could be 40 man.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

6E534D404F454E6C4453424445210 wrote: I thought I also saw that NH said it was someone that fans of the team would recognize.

Can't be on 25 man at time of trade. Kang? I sure hope not him