Kingham Pitches Only One Inning Tonight

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Other than the 1 inning (11 pitches) for Indy last night, Kingham has not pitched since his last game for the Pirates on 5/19. After pitching an inning yesterday, I''m sure they wouldn't start him for a few days now. But if he had pitched a normal game yesterday, he could not have started for the Pirates until the day after Nova's next start (i.e., Musgrove's turn). So I think the stars are aligning to have him make Nova's next start.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Nova has a phantom finger injury. He hasn't been DLed yet, but will be DLed before his next start retroactively, and Kingham pitch his spot.

We shall see if this is what ends up happening.

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

7C515C4D4A5B4C0C0F3E0 wrote: In the last 365 days, 64 pitchers have thrown 150+ innings.  Nova is 54th in ERA (4.76) and 2nd in home runs allowed.   

We are waisting innings on him that could be used on more talented, younger, and currently more effective starters. 

Nova has discomfort in his ERA+
;D ;D

Or he might have strained his neck watching the HRs sail out.

Now that's funny but about the only thing he could have hurt he sure doesn't put much effort into pitching.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

They are saying Nova hurt his finger.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just read that Nova is 4-13 since last years All Star Break. Wow I did not believe he has been that poor. Seems like we have another Liriano situation going on. They may attempt to move Nova at the trade deadline.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6D61603B323B333E39263C0B0 wrote: Just read that Nova is 4-13 since last years All Star Break. Wow I did not believe he has been that poor. Seems like we have another Liriano situation going on. They may attempt to move Nova at the trade deadline.
And beginning 7/23 last year, he went 1-8 with a 5.97 ERA, plus 2-5 this year with a 4.96 ERA for a combined 3-13 and 5.46 ERA. Funny how people like to say a pitcher's W-L record means little. Of course, there are always circumstances beyond a pitcher's control that effect his record. But it takes a special lack of ability to go 3-13.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

222E2F747D747C71766973440 wrote: Just read that Nova is 4-13 since last years All Star Break. Wow I did not believe he has been that poor. Seems like we have another Liriano situation going on. They may attempt to move Nova at the trade deadline.

Who else do you think needs to get their bags packed? Ke'Bryan Hayes and Cole Tucker are my picks.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

191112253316313E500 wrote: Just read that Nova is 4-13 since last years All Star Break. Wow I did not believe he has been that poor. Seems like we have another Liriano situation going on. They may attempt to move Nova at the trade deadline.

Who else do you think needs to get their bags packed? Ke'Bryan Hayes and Cole Tucker are my picks.

do you think Hayes and Tucker would be part of a big deal? Both have started hitting lately. So far it looks like Tucker can stay at short and Hayes a plus defender at third.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

406667706676050 wrote: Just read that Nova is 4-13 since last years All Star Break. Wow I did not believe he has been that poor. Seems like we have another Liriano situation going on. They may attempt to move Nova at the trade deadline.

do you think Hayes and Tucker would be part of a big deal?  Both have started hitting lately.  So far it looks like Tucker can stay at short and Hayes a plus defender at third.

It was sarcastic. Comparing a potential Nova deal to the Liriano deal. We had to throw in Ramirez and McGuire to get Toronto to take Liriano's contract. So, I figure we'll have to throw in a couple of prospects to get someone to take Nova's contract.

I haven't checked lately, but Tucker has really struggled this year, like worse than Polanco struggled. So, on second thought, maybe Hayes and Newman could get it done.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

5D5556617752757A140 wrote: Just read that Nova is 4-13 since last years All Star Break. Wow I did not believe he has been that poor. Seems like we have another Liriano situation going on. They may attempt to move Nova at the trade deadline.

do you think Hayes and Tucker would be part of a big deal?  Both have started hitting lately.  So far it looks like Tucker can stay at short and Hayes a plus defender at third.

It was sarcastic. Comparing a potential Nova deal to the Liriano deal. We had to throw in Ramirez and McGuire to get Toronto to take Liriano's contract. So, I figure we'll have to throw in a couple of prospects to get someone to take Nova's contract.

I haven't checked lately, but Tucker has really struggled this year, like worse than Polanco struggled. So, on second thought, maybe Hayes and Newman could get it done.

makes sense when viewed sarcastically. Tucker was below 200 a just a couple weeks ago so hopefully he is back on track.