Dickerson to Phils

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ScottinMass

Dickerson to Phils

Post by ScottinMass »

Pirates can still re-sign him in the off season.

I think I would like to see that.
Bobster21

Dickerson to Phils

Post by Bobster21 »

675559594D7F5C55585D5255340 wrote: I'd still prefer someone with a name.
Was the trade announced by an unnamed source?
MaineBucs

Dickerson to Phils

Post by MaineBucs »

Thank you Corey for being a professional ballplayer during your short tenure with the Pirates.

Best to you with the Phillies.
PMike

Dickerson to Phils

Post by PMike »

14242833332E290A263434470 wrote: Pirates can still re-sign him in the off season.

I think I would like to see that.

I'd be all for that. I'd prefer Cabrera though. I have really enjoyed watching him hit this year. Always executes good at bats and is a switch hitter off the bench.
SammyKhalifa

Dickerson to Phils

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I fully get that we had an over-full outfield. I won't understand if the PTBNL is a lower-level guy (as in level of value not level in the minors)
SammyKhalifa

Dickerson to Phils

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Haha:

"Tanner Roark learned of his trade in an arbys parking lot. He wanted a beef and cheddar (and curly fries). He was driving to Atlanta, where he lives in the off-season.He will not be driving to Oakland"
CTBucco

Dickerson to Phils

Post by CTBucco »

7B4945455163404944414E49280 wrote: Haha:

"Tanner Roark learned of his trade in an arbys parking lot. He wanted a beef and cheddar (and curly fries). He was driving to Atlanta, where he lives in the off-season.He will not be driving to Oakland"
Explains a bit about Tanner Roark.
Bobster21

Dickerson to Phils

Post by Bobster21 »

Although it was virtually certain Dickerson would be dumped for whatever they could get for him, I find the "trade" troubling. Dickerson was exactly the type of player the Pirates need but seldom have: a fundamentally sound, "professional hitter" with power who played the game correctly. He arrived with a reputation as a weak fielder (and had some problems recently) yet won a Gold Glove last year. He's had HR seasons of 24, 24 and 27 and this is his 4th season hitting .300+. He's a career .285 hitter. (By comparison, Marte is a career .286 hitter with less power). A few weeks ago I read that, incredibly, TBMTIB had no interest in retaining Dickerson. So they dealt him for a bag of baseballs. Now I'm reading how excited NH is that dumping Dickerson improves the Pirates by allowing more opportunities for players like Pablo Reyes, Jason Martin and Jose Osuna. Translation: anyone who costs less is preferable. Good for Dickerson. He escaped the train wreck that is the Pirates and will now have legitimate chances for postseason play. I'm guessing there are 24 other players today anxiously awaiting their chance too. What a shame that an organization that pretends to be interested in winning has no interest in such a player.
CarolinaBucco

Dickerson to Phils

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Great post, Bobster.
Ecbucs

Dickerson to Phils

Post by Ecbucs »

what did NH say on the FAN?

(I could be knocked over with a feather if he said anything new).