Reds@Pirates 4/5 Game Thread...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I am now assuming that Moran will make two superior plays tonight that Greg Brown will not be able to contain himself over.

1) He will race (all right, saunter) into shallow left field (actually take a few steps forward) and then dive and expertly backhand (actually trip over his feet and while falling to the ground have the ball miraculously land in his glove) a screaming line drive (actually a soft liner) that prevents the runner on second from scoring.

2) Votto will hit an opposite field fly ball over Moran's head (actually a lazy fly that required him to take a few steps back to field) that Moran expertly judged and ran (trotted) down, all while keeping the runner on second from advancing (who never left the bag).

Moran - despite the beard - seems like a nice guy. I don't know when he last played in the OF, but I've got to imagine that he is a bit petrified (at least on the inside) playing a new position in front of the 2,000 fans that will be falling asleep at tonight's game. I sure wish him and the team the best, but for the life of me, I don't get this defensive arrangement that Hurdle, the coaches and likely Neal have embraced.

Also, with Dickerson supposedly out for up to 30 days, exactly when is Martin going to be added to the roster and one of the following happening:

Brault optioned to AAA;

Liriano designated (unlikely to happen so soon); or

Newman sent to AAA.

Bucs need an outfielder. They don't need all the relievers.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Oops. Didn't see that the Bucs have put Crick, who could be the team's best reliever, on injured reserve and that Martin is on his way to Pittsburgh.

Glad to see that Martin is coming to Pittsburgh, but sorry to see that Crick is the player shifted to IL.

Time for Kela and Burdi to step up and fill his role in the pen.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Stop the presses! Pirates executed a rundown!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Musgrove so far 6 K’s no runs through 5 innings another great start by Pirates starting pitcher. Man have they been good these first 6 games.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Going back to opening day the Pirates pitching staff has now held the Reds scoreless in the last 25 innnigs. That’s pretty impressive.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Musgrove truly dominates!

88 pitches through 7. 8 SOs. No walks.

The pirate rotation looks to be every bit as good we hoped.

Gray also dominate, but Marte leads off with a single and advances on a WP! No outs. Chance to get Musgrove the win.
rucker59@gmail.com

JUNG HOOOOO!

RBI double scores Bell from 1st. Bell runs much better than I remember. I doubted he could score off the bat. But there was not even a throw.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Clutch hit by Kang. And I loved the all out hustle by Bell to score!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

OMG!!! Gonzalez with an unbelievable play!!!
rucker59@gmail.com

WHAT THE!! Gonzalez with UNBELIEVABLE play!!