One Week Remains for Trading Deadline

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

There's another avenue of consideration for trades: would you make the deal if you were the other GM? Too often, fans propose trading players of little value for players that have value to the other team. Often, they propose trading several players of lesser value for a valuable player. If you are the other GM, you don't want someone else's rejects for your good players even if multiple rejects are offered.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

I gotta agree, Rays want a lot. But you know we are in a position to either march out Locke, Neise or even Vogelsong again...The Yankees pitcher-Nate Evoldi might still be in play. What does the board think of him?

Bucs Fan in GA :D
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

I gotta agree, Rays want a lot. But you know we are in a position to either march out Locke, Neise or even Vogelsong again...The Yankees pitcher-Nate Evoldi might still be in play. What does the board think of him?

Bucs Fan in GA :D
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

192E38281D3A3532351C1A5B0 wrote: I gotta agree, Rays want a lot. But you know we are in a position to either march out Locke, Neise or even Vogelsong again...The Yankees pitcher-Nate Evoldi might still be in play. What does the board think of him?

Bucs Fan in GA  :D

I think he'd be a good buy-low, might or might not help for this year but I think it's a move I would like to try
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

6D61603B323B333E39263C0B0 wrote: We all post, or discuss player or players whom the Bucs should or could acquire, but let's see who the Bucs might be able to acquire if they proposed this package of players in a trade. If the Pirates offered Hanson, Ramirez, and Reese McGuire, do you think they could get a # 2 starting pitcher who is controllable for a few years, or is that not enough to get such a pitcher.

The Rays are not likely to get anyone to bite on their unrealistic asking price. But maybe your package could bring Matt Moore over? I think he's got a few years of control. I would seriously consider that trade (probably I'd pull either McGuire or Ramiriz for a lessor prospect).
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Matt Moore is the one pitcher I would target. I don't think it will take a Glasnow,Meadows, or Bell to get a deal done
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

I have a feeling we woln't make any moves before the deadline...maybe after.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

I second the motion for Matt Moore. I think Bucs have failed in the off season to acquire pitching, Huntington has the talent onhand to pull off a deal. He just has to be wise and not deal Josh Bell, Tyler Glasnow or Austin Meadows. Enough depth at Catcher, SS, and OF to get something done. It is all in Huntington's hands..Will be interesting to see what unfolds...

Beat'em Bucs :)