Sunday Lineup

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

Sunday Lineup

Post by INbuc »

Thank God Clint resisted the temptation to rest Polanco today. ;) He truly has a sense for these things. Gregory had a beautiful swing on that double---it was hit with so much force I believe it moved the Clemente Wall back a few feet. Carry on.
notes34

Sunday Lineup

Post by notes34 »

4E495F57594E09057C5B515D5550125F53513C0 wrote: I’m putting my application in for the job of 3rd base coach for the Pirates.  It’s seems to be a low stress job, kind of like being a weatherman - just take a guess. 

As hard as runs are to come by, how you not force the Cubs to make a play at home plate? 
I agree, you had to try it there.
Bobster21

Sunday Lineup

Post by Bobster21 »

77766D7C6A2A2D190 wrote: I’m putting my application in for the job of 3rd base coach for the Pirates.  It’s seems to be a low stress job, kind of like being a weatherman - just take a guess. 

As hard as runs are to come by, how you not force the Cubs to make a play at home plate? 
I agree, you had to try it there.
In The Worst Excuse Ever Dept, Greg Brown said Cora probably didn't send him because they expected Heyward to make the catch because he has a better arm than Schwarber. But Polanco was on the bag tagging as he watched Schwarber make the catch. It can't be that confusing. ::)
maher.timothy20@gm

Sunday Lineup

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Then he sends Newman when he shouldn't have. :'(
iabucco

Sunday Lineup

Post by iabucco »

I didn't mind sending Newman but they needed to send Polanco earlier. What is blocking the plate? Because Newman was safe if he didn't get kicked away by the catcher. His hand would have beaten the tag
Bobster21

Sunday Lineup

Post by Bobster21 »

That sure ain't Clemente in RF. ::)
Bobster21

Sunday Lineup

Post by Bobster21 »

3C34372036363A550 wrote: I didn't mind sending Newman but they needed to send Polanco earlier.  What is blocking the plate?  Because Newman was safe if he didn't get kicked away by the catcher.  His hand would have beaten the tag
Totally agree. Made sense to send him with 2 outs and the only reason he wasn't safe is because the catcher stuck his leg out to prevent Newman from getting to the plate. I thought that was the text book definition of the blocking rule.
NJBucsFan

Sunday Lineup

Post by NJBucsFan »

I really hate sacrifices unless the pitcher is batting.
JollyRoger

Sunday Lineup

Post by JollyRoger »

113C31202736216162530 wrote: I didn't mind sending Newman but they needed to send Polanco earlier.  What is blocking the plate?  Because Newman was safe if he didn't get kicked away by the catcher.  His hand would have beaten the tag
Totally agree. Made sense to send him with 2 outs and the only reason he wasn't safe is because the catcher stuck his leg out to prevent Newman from getting to the plate. I thought that was the text book definition of the blocking rule.

I really need an explanation of that rule. Newman scores if his arm is not pinned by the catcher extending his leg. Plus he had to go way wide of home plate due to the catcher standing in front of the plate blocking the basepath before he had the ball
rucker59@gmail.com

Sunday Lineup

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

597479686F7E69292A1B0 wrote: I didn't mind sending Newman but they needed to send Polanco earlier.  What is blocking the plate?  Because Newman was safe if he didn't get kicked away by the catcher.  His hand would have beaten the tag

Agreed. I would have sent him. And if that wasn’t blocking I don’t know what qualifies.

But Cora - talk about a bad day: doesn’t send a runner when the ball is booted all over the infield, does send the guy who is nailed at home!