8/11 vs SF

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

8/11 vs SF

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Quick other stat the Pirates are now 52-18 on the season when they score 4 or more runs. So getting 4 runs out of this offense usually equals a win for this Pirates team which is impressive.
mouse

8/11 vs SF

Post by mouse »

They are doing a lot better on this road trip than I ever thought they would. I'm amazed. I don't care how the other teams are doing in general, Colorado and San Francisco are difficult places to play.
SteadyFreddy

8/11 vs SF

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Today’s game will also be the 5th time since July 25th that the Pirates will attempt to try and go 5 games over .500. Each time they tried to do it on July 25th,August 1st,August 4th, and the other day August 10th they have lost. So hopefully today is finally the day they overcome that and finally get over that hump. Big game today again. Chance to take 3 of 4 in this series, chance to end the week at 5-2 out West and a chance to pull within 3 games of the Braves for the 2nd wildcard if the Brewers can beat them today. So good opportunity for a lot of good things to happen. Hopefully Hurdle as usual won’t screw it up.
mouse

8/11 vs SF

Post by mouse »

Ah, but it's a Sunday.
DemDog

8/11 vs SF

Post by DemDog »

7173696F791C0 wrote: Ah, but it's a Sunday.

And S-Rod will be in there somewhere.  You know gotta give not just the starters but the 2nd team players a rest and the 3rd teamers some at bats to stay sharp!
CarolinaBucco

8/11 vs SF

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I really hope Hurdle reconsiders his "plan" to give Polanco another day off on Sunday, against a good right-hander.

He already gave Polanco Friday night off.

And the entire team gets Monday off.

Why on earth would he give his best power hitter Sunday off as well? We need his bat in the lineup and we need this game.

I really hope he comes to his senses ... but I'm not holding my breath.
SteadyFreddy

8/11 vs SF

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I’m with you CB especially against a tough righty in Rodriguez on the mound for the Giants. He has been pitching really well lately and runs will probably be hard to come by in this game today.The last thing Hurdle needs to do is weaken the lineup by giving Polanco another day off and playing someone like Luplow in his place. The Pirates will be able to use the DH in Minnesota both games so if Hurdle wants to sit Polanco in right on Tuesday and just have him DH in that game I’m fine with that. As for today I want guys like Freese,Frazier, and Polanco in the lineup. Don’t screw up your chances to win this series and pull within 3 games of the Braves.