Pirates @ Rangers - 4/30 Game Thread . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Someone please explain to me as well how keeping JB Shuck on the roster over Jason Martin is a better move that makes the team better right now?? What has Shuck done so far this first month to deserve keeping his roster spot?? I just don’t get it.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6A6D7B737D6A2D21587F75797174367B7775180 wrote: Marte returns and Cervelli gets hurt.  >:(

Just now checking in.  What happened to Cervelli?
HBP near bottom of bat. Looked like his pinky or bottom of hand. He was in extreme pain and took himself out of the game after going to 1B.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6B4C5D595C417E4A5D5C5C41380 wrote: Very concerning this Pirates offense can’t score one damn run off a garbage pitcher like Adrian Sampson through 4 innings. So tired of Cervelli getting injured as well. The Pirates seriously need to consider moving on from him once and for all.
I understand the frustration at seeing Cervelli injured again but it isn't his fault the pitcher hit him with a pitch.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Nice to see Jordan Lyles has come crashing back down to earth his last two starts and the Pirates are getting what they paid for with this guy when they handed him the 5th starter job and never attempted to upgrade or get any better then Lyles.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

634455515449764255545449300 wrote: Someone please explain to me as well how keeping JB Shuck on the roster over Jason Martin is a better move that makes the team better right now?? What has Shuck done so far this first month to deserve keeping his roster spot?? I just don’t get it.
The roster is better with Marin rather than Shuck. But maybe the thinking is that Shuck has no future with the team and can sit on the bench until needed now that Polanco and Marte are back. But instead of Martin wasting on the bench, he can get regular ABs in AAA to enhance his development and possibly become a key member of the team down the road. That's the only way this move would make any sense to me.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

7E535E4F48594E0E0D3C0 wrote: Very concerning this Pirates offense can’t score one damn run off a garbage pitcher like Adrian Sampson through 4 innings. So tired of Cervelli getting injured as well. The Pirates seriously need to consider moving on from him once and for all.
I understand the frustration at seeing Cervelli injured again but it isn't his fault the pitcher hit him with a pitch.

Nope it’s not Bobster but it’s the Pirates fault for giving a guy who is injury prone such a ridiculous contract that he has completely failed to live up too and are currently stuck with.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

did Polanco help Texas get those runs?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

456362756373000 wrote: did Polanco help Texas get those runs?
No. It was a bases loaded blooper just over Frazier's head in short RF.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

glad Polanco's defense didn't hurt, is Lyles out because of pitch count? I'm following along on mlb.com but can't tell any real details.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

795459484F5E49090A3B0 wrote: I think the lineup is ok. It's just a shame they couldn't get Bell off 1B to be the DH. But they need Cabrera in the lineup and none of the OFers play 1B.

I guess 75 million these days gets you a lineup that has trouble scoring runs and plays smelly defense ? Also provides for bad attendance ?
The MLB average payroll is 134.5 mil. The teams with lower payrolls than the Pirates are the Orioles (10-20), Marlins (8-20)....and the 1st place Rays (19-9). The Rays have MLB's lowest payroll (61 mil). But they've got those super pitchers Glasnow and Morton and that Meadows kid.

I've been a avid Pirate fan since 1960 and never did too much complaining. I'm just so pissed now and can't let it go. You don't go with a small payroll and trade your best prospects for someone like Archer . They had zero chance to get to a WS without spending around 50 million. They did this to hoodwink the fans into thinking winning was the first priority. It's blown up in their faces and watch the attendance sour even more when Glasnow wins a CY Young and Archer continues to be Archer. Sorry to be so redundant as I've been bitching since the day this trade was made.