Kang back?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Kang back?

Post by DemDog »

OH MY! Have we all lost our minds and forgotten the real reason Kang will be back. If he is reinstated by MLB that means he will still be Bucs property and we owe him the balance of his 2018 salary whether he plays in the minors or for the Big club. Or if he is released and claimed by another club we are on the hook. Another club will only pay the pro-rata portion of the MLB minimum salary to him with the Bucs the rest of his 2018 salary. No way TBMTIMLB will waste money like that! ;) ;) ;)
dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

He will be back to hitting Ok in a month If not sooner. Wait and see. :)
Osushawn

Kang back?

Post by Osushawn »

Glad he is back and could fill in for Harrison until he gets back. We could use the extra power in the lineup.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang back?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

3323221503030F600 wrote: Pirates infielder Jung Ho Kang has received a work visa and is expected to resume his career with the team, according to a report from Rob Biertempfel of The Athletic (via Twitter). Kang had not been able to secure a visa for quite some time after being convicted of a DUI in his native Korea.

I would pass on that file.  Too many issues to count.  He isn't trustworthy enough to me.   Agree with Possum.

But you want the Pirates to trade for Matt Bush? 

Yes. I was looking for options because our bullpen is worse than the Toronto Maple Leaf defense.  He seems to have cleared his issues.  Meanwhile, when was the last time Kang swung a bat in the majors?  Have no desire to have him back really.

You said too many issues to count and he is not trustworthy enough?

I can name Kang's "issues" off the top of my head. I would have to look up Bush's to get them all. Bush has DUIs and drunken disorderly along with assault, trespassing, leaving a scene (after running over a guy's head with his car), kicked out of strip clubs. And there are more.

If you don't want Kang because he hasn't played baseball in a few years, fine. But don't say you don't want him because of his "countless issues" while defending Bush and wanting to acquire him.

IABucFan

Kang back?

Post by IABucFan »

I was stunned when I heard this today. But, frankly, I'm not expecting much. It's been two years since he played in MLB. Two years older. Two years since seeing MLB quality pitching. His stint in the DR did not go well. At all.

If Kang can be somehow get back to being an excellent defender at third, and a solid bat who can maybe platoon with Moran against lefties, fine. But I'm not holding my breath.

Who even knows if he's in shape?

And let's be honest...he's gotten CAUGHT driving drunk three times. In all likelihood, he's probably done this many other times and not gotten caught. I'm all in favor of second chances. But I hope someone installs the Uber app on his phone for him. You can only drink and drive so many times before you seriously injure or kill yourself or someone else.
SCBucco

Kang back?

Post by SCBucco »

252E262A2F2E357076013820292E2E6F222E410 wrote: Pirates infielder Jung Ho Kang has received a work visa and is expected to resume his career with the team, according to a report from Rob Biertempfel of The Athletic (via Twitter). Kang had not been able to secure a visa for quite some time after being convicted of a DUI in his native Korea.

I would pass on that file.  Too many issues to count.  He isn't trustworthy enough to me.   Agree with Possum.

But you want the Pirates to trade for Matt Bush? 

Yes. I was looking for options because our bullpen is worse than the Toronto Maple Leaf defense.  He seems to have cleared his issues.  Meanwhile, when was the last time Kang swung a bat in the majors?  Have no desire to have him back really.

You said too many issues to count and he is not trustworthy enough? 

I can name Kang's "issues" off the top of my head.  I would have to look up Bush's to get them all.  Bush has DUIs and drunken disorderly along with assault, trespassing, leaving a scene (after running over a guy's head with his car), kicked out of strip clubs.  And there are more.

If you don't want Kang because he hasn't played baseball in a few years, fine.  But don't say you don't want him because of his "countless issues" while defending Bush and wanting to acquire him.

He isn't trustworthy and hasn't played a single game in the majors in a while. Rocket science dude. He wasn't able to get a work visa to play here the entire year last year for a single reason. I don't want Kang back.
johnfluharty

Kang back?

Post by johnfluharty »

19383019323A5D0 wrote: Yuck, guy is not trustworthy enough to be welcomed back to MLB.  Too many DUIs.  Once and alcoholic always an alcoholic.  I sure hope that he has learned a lesson and is able to control his alcoholism like Hurdle has.  I think he is better served by just staying in the KBL for a guy with his problems and age and being off for so long.  Good Luck to him though.

Forgiveness....
johnfluharty

Kang back?

Post by johnfluharty »

2E272F3E304A0 wrote: He will be back to hitting Ok in a month   If not sooner.   Wait and see. :)

What? Optimistm!?  Who are you as what have you done with dmetz?
johnfluharty

Kang back?

Post by johnfluharty »

I say give him a chance.  In winter ball be was probably pressing, trying  to prove he had something left.  Give him 50 or so at bats in A, AA, AAA, then let's see what he can do off the bench.  He can play 2B, 3B, & SS as well as Frazier. 
notes34

Kang back?

Post by notes34 »

Yes. Athletes have personal issues all the time, and as soon as they hit the field and produce all is always forgiven. I'm not saying it's right, but that is the way it happens. The Pirates need to treat him as an asset. If he can still play they could certainly use his power bat.