Greetings

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Greetings

Post by GreenWeenie »

Good to see you, Surge. Hope you're staying safe & healthy.
Javy

Greetings

Post by Javy »

Welcome aboard GW
Javy

Greetings

Post by Javy »

734D4840534B4B4060455241240 wrote: Welcome aboard Greenweenie.  It's nice to have you here.  However, before you get started, let me explain some things to you.  You should not criticize Cherington for  not spending any money because he has to "see what he has".  And you shouldn't criticize him if he doesn't spend any money in the 2021-2022 offseason either, because we are a young team and he doesn't want to block the young guys with any FA.  If you are thinking about the 2022-2023 offseason, that is a no-go too, because the young guys are just experiencing "growing pains" and their salaries will go up as they approach arbitration and FA.  Write off the 2023-2024 offseason too, as they will have to get rid of the guys reaching arbitration and FA because they will have become clubhouse cancers.  And if you are thinking about 2025 and beyond for spending some money, that won't work either because BOB's daughters will be in control by them and they will hire a new GM and Manager and the new GM will need to "see what he has".  But they will spend "when the time is right".
Well, what in God's name is there for Weenie to complain about?

Might have to bring Otis back (Bucs60/71/79)
Wonder if Weenie will be around long enough to make Junior Member?

Wonder if I will be too...
WildwoodDave

Greetings

Post by WildwoodDave »

7F4A5D5D566F5D5D56515D380 wrote: Good to see you, Surge.  Hope you're staying safe & healthy. 
See, Weenie can say something nice!
GreenWeenie

Greetings

Post by GreenWeenie »

4E65727D040 wrote: Welcome aboard Greenweenie.  It's nice to have you here.  However, before you get started, let me explain some things to you.  You should not criticize Cherington for  not spending any money because he has to "see what he has".  And you shouldn't criticize him if he doesn't spend any money in the 2021-2022 offseason either, because we are a young team and he doesn't want to block the young guys with any FA.  If you are thinking about the 2022-2023 offseason, that is a no-go too, because the young guys are just experiencing "growing pains" and their salaries will go up as they approach arbitration and FA.  Write off the 2023-2024 offseason too, as they will have to get rid of the guys reaching arbitration and FA because they will have become clubhouse cancers.  And if you are thinking about 2025 and beyond for spending some money, that won't work either because BOB's daughters will be in control by them and they will hire a new GM and Manager and the new GM will need to "see what he has".  But they will spend "when the time is right".

Dave should focus more on himself and not be as concerned with me.

21 is likely very busy for a while, given the nature of his work.

That said, nice to see you again, Javy. Looks like we can get an Old Timers Game going.
Javy

Greetings

Post by Javy »

This is a REALLY good board GW.

Nothing like where we were previously.
shedman

Greetings

Post by shedman »

1025323239003232393E32570 wrote: Welcome aboard Greenweenie.  It's nice to have you here.  However, before you get started, let me explain some things to you.  You should not criticize Cherington for  not spending any money because he has to "see what he has".  And you shouldn't criticize him if he doesn't spend any money in the 2021-2022 offseason either, because we are a young team and he doesn't want to block the young guys with any FA.  If you are thinking about the 2022-2023 offseason, that is a no-go too, because the young guys are just experiencing "growing pains" and their salaries will go up as they approach arbitration and FA.  Write off the 2023-2024 offseason too, as they will have to get rid of the guys reaching arbitration and FA because they will have become clubhouse cancers.  And if you are thinking about 2025 and beyond for spending some money, that won't work either because BOB's daughters will be in control by them and they will hire a new GM and Manager and the new GM will need to "see what he has".  But they will spend "when the time is right".

Dave should focus more on himself and not be as concerned with me.

21 is likely very busy for a while, given the nature of his work.

That said, nice to see you again, Javy.  Looks like we can get an Old Timers Game going. 

_______

I agree with Javy on this one Weenie. This is a great board and the moderators and administrators are very helpful.
GreenWeenie

Greetings

Post by GreenWeenie »

So, what you're saying is- This is the best message board in all of baseball, if not all of sports?

(A little humor there.)
GreenWeenie

Greetings

Post by GreenWeenie »

As Will Rogers once said, any Pirates message board that would allow the likes of us to join it, I'm not sure I'd want to! ;)))))

shedman

Greetings

Post by shedman »

0D382F2F241D2F2F24232F4A0 wrote: So, what you're saying is- This is the best message board in all of baseball, if not all of sports? 

(A little humor there.) 
_______

BMBIB