First Roster Cuts 3/16

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

First Roster Cuts 3/16

Post by DemDog »

We have optioned INF Rodolfo Castro, RHP Roansy Contreras, INF Oneil Cruz, RHP Max Kranick and RHP Nick Mears.

In addition, the following players have been reassigned to minor league camp:

Cody Bolton

Jason Delay

Nick Gonzales

Jandel Gustave

Mason Martin

Cal Mitchell

Liover Peguero

Quinn Priester

Canaan Smith-Njigba

Travis Swaggerty
SyrBucco

First Roster Cuts 3/16

Post by SyrBucco »

Thanks Possum! Out of that group, I had everyone but Oneil Cruz, Jandel Gustave and Quinn Priester projected on my AA roster.

I suspect that Gustave will be assigned to AAA but putting Cruz at Indy may have been too optimistic. He sure didn't look ready this Spring Training. Priester will move quickly through our system but I have him starting out at Full Season A (Bradenton).

As a side note, I don't want to hear Cruz complain about being moved off shortstop. He doesn't make our system's top 5 defensively, and after a horrible show at the plate, I would expect him to rejoice at a chance to play anywhere in the upper minors. If Cincinnati wants him to play SS, I would trade him for their catching prospect, Tyler Stephenson. Both guys make MLB's Top 100.
Bobster21

First Roster Cuts 3/16

Post by Bobster21 »

I read that today is the last day that players who get injured can be optioned without putting them on the team's IL with MLB salary for as long as they are unable to play. So sending out some who have no chance to make the team eliminates the chance that they could get injured and have to be paid at the MLB level even when they were only in camp for the experience of it. Some teams made their first cuts yesterday.
WildwoodDave2

First Roster Cuts 3/16

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1A303B0B3C2A2A26490 wrote: Thanks Possum! Out of that group, I had everyone but Oneil Cruz, Jandel Gustave and Quinn Priester projected on my AA roster.

I suspect that Gustave will be assigned to AAA but putting Cruz at Indy may have been too optimistic. He sure didn't look ready this Spring Training. Priester will move quickly through our system but I have him starting out at Full Season A (Bradenton).

As a side note, I don't want to hear Cruz complain about being moved off shortstop. He doesn't make our system's top 5 defensively, and after a horrible show at the plate, I would expect him to rejoice at a chance to play anywhere in the upper minors. If Cincinnati wants him to play SS, I would trade him for their catching prospect, Tyler Stephenson. Both guys make MLB's Top 100.

i will be anxious to see who goes where. Please keep us informed.