Cubs vs Bucs 8/18 . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Cubs vs Bucs 8/18 . . .

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Got the win tonight ... couple of days too late, but still got the win.

Incredible pitching in this series.

The Pirates have allowed 3 runs in 3 days ... and in typical Pirates fashion they are somehow 1-2.

With any offense at all they'd be going for the sweep tomorrow.
steve49

Cubs vs Bucs 8/18 . . .

Post by steve49 »

Looks like that minor adjustment Vasquez made in his stretch somehow did wonders. The guy right now is the best RP in baseball.
CarolinaBucco

Cubs vs Bucs 8/18 . . .

Post by CarolinaBucco »

So frustrating. If the Pirates had just done the following 3 things, they'd be 3 out of the WC race right now:

1. Actually tried to win the 2nd game in San Francisco

2. Won just 1 game in Minnesota

3. Won just 1 of the 1-0 games vs. the Cubs

Doesn't really sound like a tall order ... but somehow the Pirates did none of that.

So now we're 6 games out and desperately need to go on a 9-1 or 11 of 13 kind of run.

The pitching has been plenty good enough to do it.

The offense has not. The offense is abysmal ... even tonight when they had 8 innings vs. Cubs scrubs they did virtually nothing.
rucker59@gmail.com

Cubs vs Bucs 8/18 . . .

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

6F4D5E434045424D6E594F4F432C0 wrote: So frustrating. If the Pirates had just done the following 3 things, they'd be 3 out of the WC race right now:

1. Actually tried to win the 2nd game in San Francisco

2. Won just 1 game in Minnesota

3. Won just 1 of the 1-0 games vs. the Cubs

Doesn't really sound like a tall order ... but somehow the Pirates did none of that.

So now we're 6 games out and desperately need to go on a 9-1 or 11 of 13 kind of run.

The pitching has been plenty good enough to do it.

The offense has not. The offense is abysmal ... even tonight when they had 8 innings vs. Cubs scrubs they did virtually nothing.

I know this seems to be beating a dead horse, but had Hurdle just let the team play, I think the Pirates win at least three more games.

He has led the league in boneheaded decisions (the call up and terrible use of Meadows was my "favorite" blunder until "The Rest" came along). But this one idiotic decision possibly represents a three game swing or more.
rucker59@gmail.com

Cubs vs Bucs 8/18 . . .

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

In total agreement with the Pitching staff, and this is with Archer being the weakest of the starters. I expect Archer to settle in and be much closer to the top end of the rotation, and if that happens the pitching on this team may be mostly unknown to MLB, but they will be outstanding. Probably too late for this year ("thanks Clint!") but next year could be REALLY good.

the Line up is really close. Fraizer needs to start next year. I think the lineup will solve most of their problems with maturity.