2. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

6. Pablo Reyes (R) RF

7. Colin Moran (L) 3B

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Mitch Keller (R) P

Okay, guys, let's kick some real ass today!
Bobster21

Pirates vs Cubbies - 8/18 - Williamsport Game Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

Interesting lineup. Newman and Frazier both at the top with Reynolds following Bell and Moran at #7 for the first time. Reyes at #6 seems odd but otherwise I like it. Are they playing oin a Little League field? :)
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm in Williamsport and I'm here to report that Josh Bell and Cole Tucker are very popular with the young'uns.

To answer a question from above, they are playing at Bowman Field, a small minor league ballpark about 3-4 miles from the Little League complex.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

557764797A7F78775463757579160 wrote: I'm in Williamsport and I'm here to report that Josh Bell and Cole Tucker are very popular with the young'uns.

To answer a question from above, they are playing at Bowman Field, a small minor league ballpark about 3-4 miles from the Little League complex.

Its actually BB&T Ballpark at Historic Bowman Field. It is the home of the Williamsport Crosscutters of the NYPL. By the way, the Crosscutters visited Morgantown today and lost to the Black Bears 7-3.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Is it raining there? Raining here, west of Williamsport.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

23213B3D2B4E0 wrote: Is it raining there? Raining here, west of Williamsport.
Forecast calls for t-storms between 8-9.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Listening to NH's pregame show. He said the Pirates want to essentially platoon Frazier and Gonzalez because they like to give Frazier plenty of rest and they think Gonzalez is a good defensive SS. Good grief.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Does anyone know if the Pirates are compensated by MLB for playing a home game in a stadium with less seating than PNC? I'm guessing the Pirates might be making more $ than if they had the game at PNC Park. It wouldn't be right to have a team move a game there without compensating them for the revenue normally generated at their home park. Pirates have been averaging around 20,000 at home on Sundays.
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

The Mussina / ARod chat was fun for about thirty seconds, but do we have to completely ignore the game on the field?
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

0D202D3C3B2A3D7D7E4F0 wrote: Does anyone know if the Pirates are compensated by MLB for playing a home game in a stadium with less seating than PNC? I'm guessing the Pirates might be making more $ than if they had the game at PNC Park. It wouldn't be right to have a team move a game there without compensating them for the revenue normally generated at their home park. Pirates have been averaging around 20,000 at home on Sundays.

I can't remember the article, but I am sure the Bucs are compensated. I don't know what the amount is though.