Brewers@Bucs 7/15 Sweep this series Game Thread...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Today is yet another one of those “important” games for the Pirates that I think they have to win. You have had a great week so far going 7-1 since last Sunday and have actually climbed back close to .500. You need to finish the job today and go into the break on a nice 6 game winning streak and getting back to a game under .500 at 48-49.

Plus, the Pirates are now just 5.5 games out of a wildcard spot when they were just 10 or 11 games out I believe a week ago. You got 7 of your first 10 games after the break against the Reds and Mets two teams below you in the standings. So you actually have a decent chance to possibly get back over .500 and potentially stay in wildcard contention. Big difference today being 1 game under .500 as opposed to 3 games under .500. Play your best lineup Clint and go for this sweep today period.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Dickerson LF

Marte CF

Polanco RF

Diaz C

Moran 3rd

Bell 1st

Harrison 2nd

Mercer SS

Musgrove P

No Sunday lineup today Hurdle going for the sweep. I like it!!!
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

Meadows down, Tanner Anderson up. Erg.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

So Meadows was put out to pasture?
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

4C616C7D7A6B7C3C3F0E0 wrote: So Meadows was put out to pasture?
;D

Indeed. It seems he didn't have a prair-ie.

Sorry...
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

After each of the last 8 HRs had been solo shots, the Bucs end the streak with a 2-run HR by Dickerson. How did they end it? The pitcher reached base ahead of the HR. Baseball can be a strange game. :)
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

A good outing by Musgrove regardless of 8th inning outcome. Not a lot of baserunners, good control of the game. Taillon and Musgrove are both good pitchers.
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

Definitely a good outing. Definitely unacceptable to let him get beat on his 106th pitch after walking two guys in the inning including a guy batting .063.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

694C5F4A565D5657525A3E0 wrote: Definitely a good outing. Definitely unacceptable to let him get beat on his 106th pitch after walking two guys in the inning including a guy batting .063.

Yeah I don't get it either, but whatever. Perhaps this is the snapback from giving Taillon the hook far too early a couple outings ago and taking such heat for it?

Pen has been doing well, so leaving him out there after yelich reached in the 8th was pretty unnecessary
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Hey, Bobster, a bit of ninth inning lightning circa 1960.  I'm loving it! 

LET'S GO BUCS!!!