Where Is Hechavarria

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Where Is Hechavarria

Post by fjk090852-7 »

He was signed by the Mets in February, and I did not see him on their 40 man roster. Let’s pound the table, and have the Bucs sign him,and make him their starting shortstop. The so called experts say pitching and defense wins games, and our defense is just not good enough. If I recall in early April 1979 the Bucs traded an erratic fielding shortstop in Frank Traveras for sure handed Tim Foli. That was a player who helped us win the World Series.
Ecbucs

Where Is Hechavarria

Post by Ecbucs »

Looks like he is heading for AAA. this is from MLB Trade Rumors on March 23:

he Mets have cut several veterans at Spring Training on minor league contracts from their Major League camp. Carlos Gomez, Adeiny Hechavarria, Rajai Davis, Hector Santiago, Ryan O’Rourke, and Devin Mesoraco are the non-roster invitees who have all been told they aren’t making the Opening Day roster. (Tim Healey of Newsday was one of several reporters who passed on the news.) Of note, Mesoraco didn’t have an opt-out clause in his contract, though the Mets said that the catcher is “reassessing his situation” with the organization.

Mesoraco, Hechavarria, and Davis each had upward mobility clauses in their contracts that went into effect last Wednesday, though there hasn’t been any word on whether any other teams had interest in any of the trio. This doesn’t appear to have been the case for Mesoraco, as Mike Puma of the New York Post reports (Twitter link) that Mesoraco has informed the Mets that he won’t go to Triple-A, and wants to be released. Mesoraco is even prepared to retire if he isn’t granted his release, according to MLB.com’s Anthony DiComo (via Twitter).
fjk090852-7

Where Is Hechavarria

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The Yankees may have lost Andujar for the season, watch them go after Hechavarria.
maher.timothy20@gm

Where Is Hechavarria

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

3F3332696069616C6B746E590 wrote: He was signed by the Mets in February, and I did not see him on their 40 man roster. Let’s pound the table, and have the Bucs sign him,and make him their starting shortstop. The so called experts say pitching and defense wins games, and our defense is just not good enough. If I recall in early April 1979 the Bucs traded an erratic fielding shortstop in Frank Traveras  for sure handed Tim  Foli. That was a player who helped us win the World Series.

I have no idea of there is any basis in fact to this, but Perrotto on DK sports reported a few months back that Hecchevarria didn't want to play for the Pirates and was a clubhouse problem and this contributed to him being traded to the Yankees last August or whenever.
fjk090852-7

Where Is Hechavarria

Post by fjk090852-7 »

68646D60772B716C686A716D7C3735456268050 wrote: He was signed by the Mets in February, and I did not see him on their 40 man roster. Let’s pound the table, and have the Bucs sign him,and make him their starting shortstop. The so called experts say pitching and defense wins games, and our defense is just not good enough. If I recall in early April 1979 the Bucs traded an erratic fielding shortstop in Frank Traveras  for sure handed Tim  Foli. That was a player who helped us win the World Series.

I have no idea of there is any basis in fact to this, but Perrotto on DK sports reported a few months back that Hecchevarria didn't want to play for the Pirates and was a clubhouse problem and this contributed to him being traded to the Yankees last August or whenever.

Wow I did not read that. If he was a clubhouse problem, I guess that settles any idea of him returning to the Pirates.
mouse

Where Is Hechavarria

Post by mouse »

I wonder if he prefers playing in the minors to playing in Pittsburgh.
maher.timothy20@gm

Where Is Hechavarria

It's honestly hard for me to know what to believe. I thought I remembered Lance Lysowski reporting last year that Hechevarria liked it here, so I did a search and found this from August 29 (see below). But Perrotto either wrote or tweeted over the winter that the Pirates thought he was a bad seed and didn't like it here. It's a moot point, but I wish we'd just kept him and resigned him. Worst-case if Gonzales turned out to be the next Manny Machado (ha ha) you'd push Hech to the bench.

Shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria, acquired from the Rays on Aug. 6, went 0 for 3 Wednesday. However, he’s already won over his teammates with his effortless defense and is hoping this late-summer audition is enough to convince his new bosses to bring him back.

“I just want to be somewhere that I’m wanted and that wants me to play,” Hechavarria, a free agent this winter, told DKPittsburghSports.com through team interpreter Mike Gonzalez. “Obviously I’m going to be a free agent at the end of the season. That’s going to be a variable. Hopefully they want me in return. If not, that’s out of my control. Right now, I’d love to come back. This is all definitely an opportunity for me to evaluate. This is definitely where I just want to play.”
maher.timothy20@gm

Where Is Hechavarria

Okay, and then after further investigations (why I give a $%it is anyone's guess at this point) I found this from a Perrotto story, also on DK sports, from February 1:

• The Pirates gave no consideration to signing shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria in free agency. The seven-year veteran spent most of last August with the Pirates, being acquired from the Rays in a waiver trade then basically handed to the Yankees for nothing. The Pirates were disappointed with Hechavarria’s attitude during his brief stay and felt he did not want any part of playing for them. — Perrotto
maher.timothy20@gm

Where Is Hechavarria

My suspicion is that the Pirates didn't want to bring in any new shortstops and were looking for excuses to not do so. Because Perrotto wasn't on the Pirates beat last August, he wouldn't have any info on what Hech was like when he was here, and thus happily reprinted their quote on what a dick he was and how they were glad to be rid of him.

Wasn't happy about the SS situation coming into the season but didn't think it would look like such a disaster after three games. Minor league games start later this week. Hope Cole Tucker hits .400 in April and May.
rucker59@gmail.com

Where Is Hechavarria

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

424E474A5D015B4642405B47561D1F6F48422F0 wrote: My suspicion is that the Pirates didn't want to bring in any new shortstops and were looking for excuses to not do so. Because Perrotto wasn't on the Pirates beat last August, he wouldn't have any info on what Hech was like when he was here, and thus happily reprinted their quote on what a dick he was and how they were glad to be rid of him.

Wasn't happy about the SS situation coming into the season but didn't think it would look like such a disaster after three games. Minor league games start later this week. Hope Cole Tucker hits .400 in April and May.

My guess is they didn’t want to bring anyone in on their last year. The Pirates don’t want to talk to FAs.