Make up on Oct 2
SammyKhalifa

Rained out today.

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I bet it ends up not being played.
DemDog

Rained out today.

Post by DemDog »

13212D2D390B28212C292621400 wrote: I bet it ends up not being played.

Sammy, that is what I thought but the announcement on 93.7 the Fan was that it was rescheduled. Don't want Nutting to lose the attendance money for one meaningless game. ;D
CarolinaBucco

Rained out today.

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Pirates web site says it was officially rescheduled for Monday, Oct. 1, time TBD, but there is NO WAY they'll play that game unless the miracle of miracles happens and the Pirates are tied for or within a half-game of a playoff spot at the end of the regular season. NO WAY.
Bobster21

Rained out today.

Post by Bobster21 »

5B796A77747176795A6D7B7B77180 wrote: Pirates web site says it was officially rescheduled for Monday, Oct. 1, time TBD, but there is NO WAY they'll play that game unless the miracle of miracles happens and the Pirates are tied for or within a half-game of a playoff spot at the end of the regular season. NO WAY.
Once the game is rescheduled, it will be played weather permitting. Fans with tickets for today's rainout can exchange them for one of the remaining 7 home games which include this rescheduled game for 10/1. Sometimes late in a season they will wait to see if a rainout will be rescheduled. But that's not the case here. The game is now on the schedule and some fans will be exchanging their rainout tickets for that game.
mouse

Rained out today.

Post by mouse »

Okay, how many people had this in mind when you said you wanted to see the Pirates play some October baseball . . .
Ecbucs

Rained out today.

Post by Ecbucs »

6D404D5C5B4A5D1D1E2F0 wrote: Pirates web site says it was officially rescheduled for Monday, Oct. 1, time TBD, but there is NO WAY they'll play that game unless the miracle of miracles happens and the Pirates are tied for or within a half-game of a playoff spot at the end of the regular season. NO WAY.
Once the game is rescheduled, it will be played weather permitting. Fans with tickets for today's rainout can exchange them for one of the remaining 7 home games which include this rescheduled game for 10/1. Sometimes late in a season they will wait to see if a rainout will be rescheduled. But that's not the case here. The game is now on the schedule and some fans will be exchanging their rainout tickets for that game.

what will happen if the Marlins game on 9/30 vs. Mets is cancelled?  Will they go back to NY on October 2?

Seems foolish to me to have them play this game if there are no playoff implications.  Last year every team played 162 games but in 2016 4 teams (including the Bucs) played 161.

Can't believe many will attend an October 1 game.  Could be quickest game of season as I'm sure players will be in hurry to get it over.

I guess by playing the game the Bucs won't have to refund any tickets that were sold for today.
CarolinaBucco

Rained out today.

Post by CarolinaBucco »

There is no way they'll play this game.

They only rescheduled it because the Pirates are technically still in the race.

Once the Pirates are eliminated it will be canceled.

I can't remember one instance of two teams out of the race making up a game after the regular season was complete. That would be ridiculous.
SammyKhalifa

Rained out today.

Post by SammyKhalifa »

"Pirates and Marlins makeup game for Monday, October 1 has been cancelled.

Fans still holding tickets from the September 9 game can exchange them for any April or May home game in 2019."