Thinking about Suwinski

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Thinking about Suwinski

Post by DemDog »

There seems to be a mix of love and hate about Suwinski and Ks and often longer slumps.

While the guy does that he also hits a ton of HRs. WWD2 and I look at Suwinksi Kyle Schwarber light.

What do you say?
ChillinStation

Thinking about Suwinski

Post by ChillinStation »

Absolutely, every team needs a guy like him. Just hope he can get better and hasn`t peaked yet.
WildwoodDave2

Thinking about Suwinski

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

2209080D0D080F32150015080E0F610 wrote: Absolutely, every team needs a guy like him. Just hope he can get better and hasn`t peaked yet.
I think he will only get better. He hasn't been in the Majors that long. I believe Surg said he has only played in something like 187 games
JollyRoger

Thinking about Suwinski

Post by JollyRoger »

He has improved not only at the plate but has become a good CF

I think he is a diamond in the rough
Osushawn

Thinking about Suwinski

Post by Osushawn »

I see a young Greg Luzinski
Bobster21

Thinking about Suwinski

Post by Bobster21 »

Suwinski has value. He's a decent OFer, draws a lot of walks and although he maintains a low BA, when he hits, he hits with power. So he needs to be in a lineup where others consistently generate offense and he can contribute with his walks and HRs despite hitting safely with low frequency. Unfortunately, he's in a lineup where too many maintain low BAs. So his walks don't lead to many runs (he's 12th in the NL in BBs but 46th in runs) and 13 of his 19 HRs are solo. If, in the next few years, the Pirates generate more offense in general, Suwinski's BBs and HRs will have much greater impact.
ArnoldRothstein

Thinking about Suwinski

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

His major league totals are about one full year of play: 673 PA 573 AB 85 R 86 RBI. There's at least 20 things that this team should fix before it worries about Suwinski.
INbuc

Thinking about Suwinski

Post by INbuc »

When I watch Schwarber play, I think of a golfer that can drive it 370 yards and focuses on driving it 400. I watch Suwinski and think of golfer that can drive it 370 but wants to work on his irons, chipping, and putting.