Marte CF

Cervelli C

Bell 1st

Kang 3rd

Moran LF

Shuck RF

Gonzalez SS

Musgrove P

Moran in left field tonight let the fun begin.
MaineBucs

Reds@Pirates 4/5 Game Thread...

Post by MaineBucs »

What the hey!

Shuck, an outfielder, is in RF at PNC, and Moran, a slow footed 3rd baseman in is LF at PNC with its big notch.

Yep, this makes sense.

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Right field, maaaaybe.

I hope this experiment doesn't last very long
notes34

Post by notes34 »

Officially given up??? How in the world can Colin Moran play LF. I really wonder if he is the slowest player in MLB? What a disaster. It's moves like this that move me closer to just stop watching and caring.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7A565E595275425444370 wrote: What the hey!   

Shuck, an outfielder, is in RF at PNC, and Moran, a slow footed 3rd baseman in is LF at PNC with its big notch.

Yep, this makes sense. 
If we needed further evidence of Hurdle's poor judgment, this would be it. So many of his decisions appear to be that of someone who just doesn't care.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates need to go make some kind of trade or search the waiver wire for somebody decent that can play in the outfield while Dickerson is out. Guys like Shuck, Reyes, Moran and Newman just aren’t good enough options. Go get somebody better.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Here are two names that come to mind that I would rather see playing everyday in RF over guys like Shuck or Moran. Jose Bautista is one I know he has fallen off some but the guy can still hit for power, and Chris Young as well. Both are 38 and 35 years old but could either seriously be any worse then playing guys like Shuck,Reyes or Moran in left field every game.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm not sure what Reyes has done in his short time here to deserve all this scorn.

Also, I'm still not up on Shuck long term, but the dude has a .500 OBP let's cut him some slack an let him ride this out a while.
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

093B37372311323B36333C3B5A0 wrote: I'm not sure what Reyes has done in his short time here to deserve all this scorn. 

Also, I'm still not up on Shuck long term, but the dude has a .500 OBP let's cut him some slack an let him ride this out a while. 

The recent returns aren't good. Grounding out to end the game a few days ago, and letting a single get by him and go to the wall.

Not sure why his defense seems so terrible lately. I remember him throwing out the runner at home vs. KC late last year. Seemed like he knew what he was doing out there.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

66415054514C73475051514C350 wrote: The Pirates need to go make some kind of trade or search the waiver wire for somebody decent that can play in the outfield while Dickerson is out. Guys like Shuck, Reyes, Moran and Newman just aren’t good enough options. Go get somebody better.
They have someone better in Jason Martin. But he'll occupy the bench instead of play OF because he is an actual OF'er