Minor Leagues

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Minor Leagues

Post by mouse »

Minor leagues start today. Travis Swaggerty is at AAA (a bit of a jump for him). How well (and for how long) does he have to play there before he makes Pittsburgh? We could use a center fielder.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Minor Leagues

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I'm rooting like crazy for him. This team is desperate for something good to happen, especially in the outfield. But what worries me is that Swaggerty is a Huntington first round draft pick. We've seen how those have worked out.
Surgnbuck

Minor Leagues

Post by Surgnbuck »

It's interesting that I rarely ever followed the minors in the age of information. I guess that probably related to how bad the Pirates were. Add to that, they never seemed to draft some guy that had a lot of buzz about him. We heard about signability instead.

So now BC will finally get an entire season with his entire organization. There is great opportunity for players to make a leap. This IMHO is truly the first season, and I like what BC has done so far. I will be following along fairly closely now.

Most interesting to see, is what happens now that there is a good number of NH holdovers, who are now competing with BC picks and trades. If I were one of the former, I'd be getting my resume ready if I don't come out of the gate smoking hot.
ChillinStation

Minor Leagues

Post by ChillinStation »

Jack Herman OF A+ , is the guy I will be paying attention to this year. Guy is 20 yo. , well built, has power , still learning about him, 30th round pick . Should be him and Gonzales in the order.

fjk090852-7

Minor Leagues

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It is only a single game, but at AAA Swaggerty was impressive last night, and at Altoona, Contreras had 11 strikeouts in his debut. On the downside Cole Tucker was 0-5 at Indy.
Bobster21

Minor Leagues

Post by Bobster21 »

6864653E373E363B3C23390E0 wrote: It is only a single game, but at AAA Swaggerty was impressive last night, and at Altoona, Contreras had 11 strikeouts in his debut. On the downside Cole Tucker was 0-5 at Indy.
I don't understand why Tucker is in AAA because he doesn't hit well enough while Newman starts at SS lacking Tucker's defensive skills and hitting below .200. Tucker doesn't hit well but he hits at least as well as Newman.
DemDog

Minor Leagues

Post by DemDog »

Here is a list of Bucco Minor League Teams for 2021

lAAA - Indianapolis Indians

AA - Altoona Curve

A+ - Greensboro Grasshoppers

A - Bradenton Maurauders

There also seems to be a rookie-type league team also located in Bradenton as well as the Dominican Summer Leagues.
WildwoodDave2

Minor Leagues

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5854550E070E060B0C13093E0 wrote: It is only a single game, but at AAA Swaggerty was impressive last night, and at Altoona, Contreras had 11 strikeouts in his debut. On the downside Cole Tucker was 0-5 at Indy.
It's a shame about Tucker. Seems like a great kid but that will only get him so far
Bobster21

Minor Leagues

Post by Bobster21 »

7B4540485B434348684D5A491E2C0 wrote: It is only a single game, but at AAA Swaggerty was impressive last night, and at Altoona, Contreras had 11 strikeouts in his debut. On the downside Cole Tucker was 0-5 at Indy.
It's a shame about Tucker. Seems like a great kid but that will only get him so far
Meanwhile, Tucker's being told he doesn't hit well enough to play SS for the team that employs a less skilled defensive shortstop hitting .194. Last year Tucker hit .220. Right now I think they'd be thrilled if Newman could get there.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Minor Leagues

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

537E73626574632320110 wrote: It is only a single game, but at AAA Swaggerty was impressive last night, and at Altoona, Contreras had 11 strikeouts in his debut. On the downside Cole Tucker was 0-5 at Indy.
Meanwhile, Tucker's being told he doesn't hit well enough to play SS for the team that employs a less skilled defensive shortstop hitting .194. Last year Tucker hit .220. Right now I think they'd be thrilled if Newman could get there.

Two years ago, the Pirates seemed to be in a good spot at the SS position. It looks more and more everyday that it's now a position of need. Gonzalez won't be here in two years, Newman doesn't seem to be skilled enough on either offense or defense, and Tucker hasn't seemed to impress the new regime.