Pirate ownership and investment

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

A Facebook friend says the Pirates are pretty good at investing in the organization. If true, I give the team more credit than I have for the past few years. Below is quote of part of his post:

The Pirates organization is ranked among the top 4-5 in investment in infrastructure, technology and analytics, coaching, player development, sports medicine, sports science, and sport specific strength and fitness, and player support. That player support includes a nutritionist, chef and food staff for each of the nine teams in the Pirates system to feed every player, coach and staff member every meal home and away. They make sure that every player, especially those down in the lower minors, can box up food to take home with them.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Thats good to hear and it’s all well and good. But I would be willing to wager that those expenses are among the cheapest of the overall budget. Until they invest in player salaries at the MLB average then they are going no where
mouse

Post by mouse »

Still pretty impressive they are willing to do something they aren't required to do.