Glasnow

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Glasnow

Post by MaineBucs »

I see on the MLB Trade Rumors site that the Rays are looking to Glasnow to be one of their 3 regular starting pitchers.

I am happy for Glasnow. While I recognize that declaring someone to be your # 3 starter and actually performing at such a level is two different things, but seeing such is a disappointment that it didn't happen for him in Pittsburgh.
iabucco

Glasnow

Post by iabucco »

I know that he was given chances but I am not sure why they weren't more patient with him. I just always figured that he would struggle to start his career.
OrlandoMerced

Glasnow

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Glasnow has struggled this spring, so it's possible that his delivery issues are resurfacing after a consistent (for him) string of starts after moving to Tampa.

It seems like the Pirates have a monotheistic belief system when it comes to how pitchers are supposed to work at the ML level. That being to live in the inside, and lower parts of the zone. For whatever reason, Glasnow seemed to work better in the upper part of the zone, which I think allowed him to work to his strength, the live fastball, and also I think gave him a bit more margin of error with the control issues.

Either way, I'll be rooting for the guy, and Tampa for that matter.
Ecbucs

Glasnow

Post by Ecbucs »

1E233D303F353E1C3423323435510 wrote: Glasnow has struggled this spring, so it's possible that his delivery issues are resurfacing after a consistent (for him) string of starts after moving to Tampa.

It seems like the Pirates have a monotheistic belief system when it comes to how pitchers are supposed to work at the ML level. That being to live in the inside, and lower parts of the zone. For whatever reason, Glasnow seemed to work better in the upper part of the zone, which I think allowed him to work to his strength, the live fastball, and also I think gave him a bit more margin of error with the control issues.

Either way, I'll be rooting for the guy, and Tampa for that matter.

Tampa has become my favorite AL team. I'm rooting for Glasnow and Meadows to do well (although I'm rooting for Archer to be great).
fjk090852-7

Glasnow

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Glasnow had his best outing of the spring today. He pitched 2 1/3 innings and gave up only 1 run. I always felt he would be a star when he arrived in Pittsburgh, but it never happened. Hopefully he will find success in Tampa.
CarolinaBucco

Glasnow

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm still not over the Archer trade.

I LOVE ADDING ARCHER.

I'm okay with trading Glasnow.

I'm even okay with including Meadows.

That seems like a fair trade for both sides.

I cannot believe we threw a potential No. 1 starter who throws in the upper 90s. This franchise is DESPERATE for an elite No. 1 type starter ... and if Baz turns out to be just that this trade could turn into a full blown disaster (depending on how Archer, Glasnow and Meadows turn out).