2. Melky Cabrera (S) LF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) RF

6. Jose Osuna (R) 3B

7. Jung Ho Kang (R) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Trevor Williams (R) P

Looks like Kang is being given a chance to hit a few HRs prior to the trade deadline.
DemDog

Pirates vs Mets 7/27

Post by DemDog »

705D50414657400003320 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) 2B

2. Melky Cabrera (S) LF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) RF

6. Jose Osuna (R) 3B

7. Jung Ho Kang (R) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Trevor Williams (R) P

Looks like Kang is being given a chance to hit a few HRs prior to the trade deadline.

Who would want Kang? I'm not the least bit interested in listening to or watching the game. Gonna listen to the WV Black Bears on the web instead. They are a team in the mix of a pennant and play-off race.
Bobster21

Pirates vs Mets 7/27

Post by Bobster21 »

73525A735850370 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) 2B

2. Melky Cabrera (S) LF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) RF

6. Jose Osuna (R) 3B

7. Jung Ho Kang (R) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Trevor Williams (R) P

Who would want Kang?  I'm not the least bit interested in listening to or watching the game.  Gonna listen to the WV Black Bears on the web instead.  They are a team in the mix of a pennant and play-off race.

I suspect the Pirates are hoping someone will want Kang as a utility infielder with HR power. I doubt they find a taker but giving him these starts (while benching the LH Frazier vs a RHP) suggests they are hoping he does well enough to attract attention.
DemDog

Pirates vs Mets 7/27

Post by DemDog »

517C71606776612122130 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) 2B

2. Melky Cabrera (S) LF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) RF

6. Jose Osuna (R) 3B

7. Jung Ho Kang (R) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Trevor Williams (R) P

Who would want Kang?  I'm not the least bit interested in listening to or watching the game.  Gonna listen to the WV Black Bears on the web instead.  They are a team in the mix of a pennant and play-off race.

I suspect the Pirates are hoping someone will want Kang as a utility infielder with HR power. I doubt they find a taker but giving him these starts (while benching the LH Frazier vs a RHP) suggests they are hoping he does well enough to attract attention. 

I would normally bitch and moan about playing Kang like this but the Bucs are out of the race so why not. Just do not continue to play him much after the deadline.
Bobster21

Pirates vs Mets 7/27

Post by Bobster21 »

Hurdle was ejected in the top of the 1st for complaining about strike calls.
Bobster21

Pirates vs Mets 7/27

Post by Bobster21 »

I guess Kang won't be impressing any other teams before the deadline. A pop up nearly comes down on his head but he keeps looking over at Newman and Newman keeps looking back at him as if, "What do you want me to do?" So Kang doesn't catch it and the next batter hits a 2-run HR.
Ecbucs

Pirates vs Mets 7/27

Post by Ecbucs »

going down like lambs in this one. Matz's best game of the year.
BenM

Pirates vs Mets 7/27

Post by BenM »

99 pitches for Matz.

I'm not a fire that guy kind of fan. I don't know enough about the sport or the behind the scenes action. But how long can this slump go on without someone being held responsible?
mouse

Pirates vs Mets 7/27

Post by mouse »

That pop up to short was just too hard to believe. I have to guess he thought it was the shortstop's ball and just forgot he was the shortstop tonight, especially seeing someone just to his left. On the whole, though, another head-shaker.
Ecbucs

Pirates vs Mets 7/27

Post by Ecbucs »

292B313721440 wrote: That pop up to short was just too hard to believe. I have to guess he thought it was the shortstop's ball and just forgot he was the shortstop tonight, especially seeing someone just to his left. On the whole, though, another head-shaker.

"forgot he was shortstop tonight" - that sounds better than any other explanation.