Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Leyland1948

Jordy Mercer

Post by Leyland1948 »

Now represented by Scott Boras..
Bobster21

Jordy Mercer

Post by Bobster21 »

7E574B5E535C56030B060A320 wrote: Now represented by Scott Boras..
Bye, bye Jordy.
mouse

Jordy Mercer

Post by mouse »

It will be interesting to see what sort of contract he gets. I wonder also if he stays at short. I could see a team moving him to third possibly, as a defensive insurance policy.
BucsFaninGA

Jordy Mercer

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Jordy was one of my favorite Buccos! Guy is a class act and a gamer! Enjoyed watching him play over the years. All the Best to him in his travels around the diamond. Bucs Fan in Ga! 8-)
Bobster21

Jordy Mercer

Post by Bobster21 »

36342E283E5B0 wrote: It will be interesting to see what sort of contract he gets. I wonder also if he stays at short. I could see a team moving him to third possibly, as a defensive insurance policy.
He doesn't have the bat for a corner INF spot. I could see him working out at 3B and 2B and becoming a utility infielder. But that hardly seems worth the trouble of hiring Boras just to get utility INF money. So I'm guessing he wants to remain a starting SS and is counting on Boras to find an opportunity for him.
mouse

Jordy Mercer

Post by mouse »

Bobster, I suspect you are right, but what sort of contract do you see him getting? His range is fairly limited and his bat isn't overwhelming even at short.
DemDog

Jordy Mercer

Post by DemDog »

Always liked Jordy. Not the best ever type of SS but he was steady and played above his abilities a lot of the time. Nice seeing ya play in the Burgh Jordy.
Bobster21

Jordy Mercer

Post by Bobster21 »

383A202630550 wrote: Bobster, I suspect you are right, but what sort of contract do you see him getting? His range is fairly limited and his bat isn't overwhelming even at short.
Not much for the reasons you stated. Everything is working against him. He's 32 and his services are not likely to be in great demand. If he can't find a starting SS job, he will no doubt become a utility back-up and if that happens this year, he won't find any other starting opportunities at age 33 or older. So this is his one and only chance to get a decent contract and even the odds of that aren't good. So it seems like he hired Boras to find the best opportunity possible. Can't blame him but I don't like his chances. 
SCBucco

Jordy Mercer

Post by SCBucco »

Liked Jordy as well. Surprised Boras took him as a client though.
Ecbucs

Jordy Mercer

Post by Ecbucs »

7C6C6D5A4C4C402F0 wrote: Liked Jordy as well.  Surprised Boras took him as a client though.

I looked at Boras client list on wikipedia. Not sure how current it is but he does seem to have a lot of non-stars as clients. That was surprising to me.