Bae Accused Of Domestic Violence

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The Korean shortstop that the Bucs signed earlier this year is being accused of domestic violence by his girlfriend. The violence occurred in January 2017.
Quail

Post by Quail »

According to The Athletic:

Pirates minor league shortstop Ji-hwan Bae has temporarily left the organization and has flown home to Daegu, South Korea, in order to cooperate in a police investigation of claims by his ex-girlfriend that he physically assaulted her.

The Pirates aren't having much luck with their Korean player signings. The following quote from the ex-girlfriend makes me wonder about the culture there regarding professional athletes.

"His family and he repeatedly asked me to ‘endure’ him because he is a baseball player and he needs support."
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Sounds like she wants some $ now that he's been drafted.

Did she "endure" him until he dumped her and got a Payday?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

So, this comes out after he signs for $1.25 million? 16 months after the incident?

If it's true, cut him and get the money back. The timing of this seems odd to me. This doesn't look good for either side.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

29222A262322397C7A0D342C252222632E224D0 wrote: So, this comes out after he signs for $1.25 million? 16 months after the incident?

If it's true, cut him and get the money back. The timing of this seems odd to me. This doesn't look good for either side.

He had been signed by Braves before I think and then they had to release him for going breaking rules. Could be this has been in process for awhile. Not good that someone so young could be doing this.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The Braves gave him $600K. The Pirates gave him $1.25 million.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Glad he didn't break the Hamate bone, that will set you back. This is a money grab. Hell i punched a co-worker, and as I was throwing the punch i kinda " pulled off " at the last second . "Thinking your fired and such"... F##kd my hand up real good for 6 months I had zero grip and I should of just followed thru. You punch thru the target not at it.