6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ScottinMass

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by ScottinMass »

Bell with his 1st off day...interesting lineup with Tucker hitting 7th....

1. Kevin Newman (R) 3B

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Melky Cabrera (S) RF

5. Elias Diaz (R) C

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Cole Tucker (S) SS

8. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

9. Steven Brault (L) P
Bobster21

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by Bobster21 »

Bucs hitters (without Bell) trying to score more than Brault gives up. 5-2 after 3. Brault with 78 pitches in 3 innings.
SteadyFreddy

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Brault has done a nice job working out of some tough situations tonight and keeping the Braves at 2 runs. The Pirates have Clay Holmes warming up in the pen now which is something I don’t wanna see. I just can’t believe that Neal Huntington can’t go find somebody better in the trade market to help this roster out in middle relief other then Clay Holmes. How much longer do we have to keep seeing these same guys who stink come in and blow these games.
Bobster21

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by Bobster21 »

7F58494D48556A5E494848552C0 wrote: Brault has done a nice job working out of some tough situations tonight and keeping the Braves at 2 runs. The Pirates have Clay Holmes warming up in the pen now which is something I don’t wanna see. I just can’t believe that Neal Huntington can’t go find somebody better in the trade market to help this roster out in middle relief other then Clay Holmes. How much longer do we have to keep seeing these same guys who stink come in and blow these games.
Huntington received a 4 year extension last year. So we have to keep seeing this type of stuff 2 2/3rds more years. :(
Bobster21

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by Bobster21 »

Good grief! What a messed up team! Crick, one of the few "reliable" pitchers on the team walks a batter, then Reynolds drops a fly ball, and Crick gives up a 3-run HR. 6-5 Braves. Looks like a 4-run 1st inning won't be enough to win this game.
SteadyFreddy

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea this bullpen just continuing to blow these games is just incredible. The Brewers and Braves both have really made the Pirates pay big time for every single mistake they have made these last few games.
Bobster21

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by Bobster21 »

... and Hartlieb hammers the final nails into the coffin with another 3-run HR. Atlanta Braves 9, Indianapolis Pirates 5.
Ecbucs

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by Ecbucs »

725F52434455420201300 wrote: ... and Hartlieb hammers the final nails into the coffin with another 3-run HR. Atlanta Braves 9, Indianapolis Pirates 5.

the home run went further but all three hits were rockets. I turned off the television as I didn't want to see the replay.
JollyRoger

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by JollyRoger »

Doesn’t look like I’ll be celebrating a Pirate win on my birthday.

Thanks a lot bullpen!!!!
SteadyFreddy

6/4 Pirates vs. Braves

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The bottom has been very close to falling out from under this Pirates team for weeks and I think now during this tough stretch of games is when it finally happens. These games this bullpen has been blowing recently not just tonight which is very bad but Saturday as well in the 10-8 game are just things that cannot happen with this team. These are just backbreaking devastating losses they this  Pirates is simply not good enough to overcome and won’t overcome. This month of June with all these road games coming up against the Brewers, Braves and Astros the next 2-3 weeks I have a feeling are going to get real ugly fast. This team is just not good enough to keep overcoming these constant screw ups by the bullpen every other night.